Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pat yourself on the back and say "Nice Job!"

There are some days that you just want to pat yourself on the back and say "Nice Job"... that was me today at lunch! :)  I went to lunch with a bunch of ladies from work at our favorite local Thai restaurant. (typically I don't go to lunch on Thursdays, but since today is my "Friday" I decided to act like it was and go to lunch) Their Pad Thai is FABULOUS and my usual so of course I got that, beef at a level 4. (I normally get a 3 out of 5, but I have been getting use to it and decided to step it up - glad I did too because it was that much better!) Out of the 7 of us, 5 got the Pad Thai, so that should tell you how good it is. It's a good size amount that I always gobble all up and am stuffed afterwards. Everyone ate it all BUT ME! I got about 2/3 of the way through and started to feel full. I know that it takes longer for your brain to recognize that you are full so I figured if I was sensing I was starting to get full, I probably really was so I stopped eating. I turned the fork so it wasn't facing me, asked the next person I saw for a box and held my hands in my lap until I got the box.

I feel great! I don't feel stuffed or uncomfortable after lunch like I do sometimes when I go out. I resisted the urge to finish everything on my plate; which for me is a big accomplishment. I have this problem where I think I HAVE to finish everything on my plate - where that came from I don't know. For me this is a definite Pat on the Back and "Nice Job" kind of moment!



No comments: