Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pissed off Crap Food

Today was one of those days at work that you can't wait for it to be over! I am one of those people that trusts people I guess too much, just assume the best in people and I wear my heart on my sleeve. It can all definitely come back to bite me in the ass, but hey that is just me and will always be who I am. I work hard and have fun you know? Today was a day that really tested me with people. I am one of those people that gets along with everyone but when people belittle, attack your work ethic, and are hypocrites straight to your face when you know the truth it's hard to keep a smile on your face. The part that really gets me the most is that I am letting this all get to me which I normally don't do.

Why am I telling you all of this? It is relevant because it is days like this, ones that you get pissed off where you throw everything out the window and drive up to drive thru and eat things you know you shouldn't. I really really wanted to go through Panda Express and get cream cheese ragoons, go through Pollo Tropical for sweet plantains and Chick-fil-a for a chicken sandwich w/honey mustard for dinner tonight! I know crazy, but they are all things that I crave and to get them all at once would have been amazing!



 I opted instead to pull into Chipotle and get a carnitas bowl, mostly veggies, no cheese or sauces. It was actually soo delicious, satisfying and relatively good for me. Definitely better than what I wanted to get! I popped open a Michelob Ultra to compliment it and yay dinner at home that leaves me feeling good about what I ate. I am really proud of myself for choosing something so much better than I would have done in the past. I don't need crap food to make me feel better temporarily. Instead I am going to draw a bubble bath, light a candle, turn some comforting music on, and turn off anything electronic (phone too) to turn the world off for a bit. Nothing like some relaxing time to yourself to bring yourself back from a slump.  


PS - Worked out this afternoon! :) Didn't want to but got through it and felt better on the other side. :) I am starting to really like that feeling.




1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

Yay for you.. wipe it off and keep going.. don't sweat it and learn from it.... you will see the truth.VERY PROUD OF YOU