Saturday, June 18, 2011

Weekends are hard...

Weekends can prove diffiecult to eat healthy at times. I decided to start mine off right this Saturday with lunch since I slept through breakfast. I had some vine ripe tomatoes, good part-swim monzeralla cheese, and homegrown basil on my patio - made an awesome salad with all listed, salt,pepper, orengno, garlic powder, and oil & vinger. Delicous and I am really full but don't feel grossly stuffed.




I got to thinking today about eating healthy and losing weight, you know it's not even really about only eating healthy, it's about portion control. I had this huge salad for lunch, 2 tomatoes, lots of basil and some cheese. I loaded up on the tomatoes to fill myself up and it really worked. I didn't go crazy on the cheese, I sliced it super thin and cut it up in small pieces, so even though it looked like "a lot of cheese" it really wasn't. A lot of eating is visual and if you can "trick" yourself a little bit then go for it if it is going to hellp you in the longer run. I made pototoe salad for dinner this weekend when I make BBQ grilled chicken. I substituted mayo with lite mayo and used less than they said and put whole grain mustard with it to get the moisture I needed. I used gold potatoes instead of baked to cut out some starch, and the best bacon i could find not going to turkey. If I take a "normal" scoop and don't get seconds of it, I can enjoy something that I love and not feel bad about eating it. :)

I just have to be conscience what I eat and I think I can do this in 4 months! :) Thanks for all the support so far.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job girly! I am chopping this weekend up to a loss and bought all the fixings to be a good girl starting MOnday! PRONTO!!!