Friday, June 17, 2011

Why do I eat that Crap?

Everyone has the mid-afternoon "hunger demons"! You know it's 2:30-3pm, lunch is wearing off and you are getting a tad bored at work so your mind goes to "I am hungry - give me food!" Of course healthy snacks doesn't do the trick, you start craving potato chips, chocolate, slice of pizza, whatever else isn't good for you. Well 3pm yesterday I got a hunger demon and tried to waive it off, but at 3:30 dug into my leftover watermelon from lunch. It was a good choice but didn't quite kill the demon...

At 5:15 I leave work and head to Sam's Club for the cheap gas (is it sad that I am referring to $3.54 as cheap?), the pharmacy, and a other few things. On the way out I swing into the "cafe" and buy a slice of pizza that doesn't even look good but that damn demon was still alive. I didn't even think twice and didn't realize I even was getting it until I am in my car and biting into the greasy not good at all slice of pizza. I remember thinking it didn't taste good and there I go biting into it again for the 2nd time. I then put it down and am like no i can't eat that, it's soo bad for me, doesn't even taste good, why am I eating this. I take off home and at the first stop light, I find myself ripping off a piece and trying it again. Gross! I finally fold it in half with the plate, reaching behind my seat for the Publix bag I use for trash, throwing it in there and tying the bag shut.

Why do I do these things to myself, eat to eat and especially with food that isn't even good?! I actually felt sick to my stomach when I got home and made a small salad to counteract the yukiness I felt. Oh well lesson learned if I actually will listen!

"Hunger Demon"




No comments: