Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yes I am 2 sizes - Thank You

One of my best friends is getting married at the end of the year - SOO EXCITED and CAN'T WAIT! I am of course a bridesmaid and therefore have to get a bridesmaid dress. I missed the dress shopping last weekend, even though thanks to picture-mail I got to be included. Wow she looks amazing! But I also missed the everyone try on the bridesmaids dresses to see which is best. No biggie I have a Daivd's Bridal here. So last night I had a bit of time to kill and decided to get it over with. I walk in and the lady that finds the dress/wedding in the system so they get you the right dress marks me down as an 8 - love her but wow she is BAD at her job if she thinks I am an 8! I start laughing when the sales lady then hands me a 8, ya no! I tell her I'm hoping that the 12 fits me. She goes away nd returns with the 12. I try is on, stupid big back from swimming and big boobs, it won't zip past that the widest part around me. Okay go get the 14 please. It zips up - thank God! I decide to get the 14 and go to the check out to order it in the right color and everything. They tell me that it will take 12 weeks to get in, enough time for the wedding, but not enough time to reorder if incorrect so they have to take my measurements. Okay lets get this over with. One lady measures while the order puts them in the system. Apparently David's Bridal now has a profile on me with my measurements, great! Anyway, she then looks at the chart to make sure it is the right size, makes a funny look and asks me if I knew I was 2 sizes, a 10 in the waist and hips and a 14 up top. I look at her and really want to say, yes no shit that is why I had to bump up a size because it wouldn't zip up up top. She then goes, I see a lot of 1 size differences, but 2 isn't too common. Yes thank you I appreciate it, I am a strange one... looks like alterations are in my future.

Oh well I think I look really pretty and the dress is flattering so I'm all good! The color seen is not the color of the dress for the wedding but it is pretty. :) I can't wait to get it and it be way too big. That's the goal! :)





PS - No mini sliders last night so the cheeseburger craving is still an alive monster!

No comments: