Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The cheeseburger always looks better!

Yesterday afternoon I brought my lunch, all healthy with a multigrain sandwich with low-sodium ham and turkey and cheese with sprouts and banana peppers and a bunch of grapes on the side. I actually was excited about my lunch until one of the ladies I work invited me to a local place, "Chowder Ted's" for lunch. Another lady was like I can't wait to have a big juicey burger and the one that asked me replied with she was going to have the local catch of the day grilled sandwich and was hoping it was tuna or grouper. OMG I wanted the burger! I stayed and ate my good for you sandwich and grapes and pouted the whole time! Whatever it is good for me right?!

Yesterday evening I made homemade chicken noodle soup. I mean homemade as in I made the chicken broth in a pressure cooker with chicken bones, veggies, etc. It took 2.5 hours but was really good! However again while I was eatting it I started craving a cheeseburger. Damn you cheeseburger craving!

Today for lunch I met my mentor for lunch at Moe's and had tacos. Did you know you can look it up online and figure out what you ingested? I haven't done that with Moe's before. I was pretty happy with my choice today in terms of nutritional information. However, I still am craving that burger. I almost stopped at Wendy's by my work on the way back.

Tonight I have a social even that has food and it's typically finger foods. I am hoping for mini sliders! haha! I am definitely going to have to make a burger this weekend. I figure if i control it I can make a tasty not soo bad for you burger right? Anyone have any good recipes? I would prefer to stay beef since I am craving a burger soo badly and that is the only thing that is going to kill it.

Damn you cheeseburger!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually find that giving into your cravings (in moderation) works best since the more you deny yourself something the more you usually want it! If I constantly tell myself I can't have chocolate I end up eating more of it in the long run than I would have if I'd just had a little piece in the beginning. Why don't you try making a burger from extra lean ground beef (or turkey) with low fat cheese, some tasty healthy toppings and a low calorie bread bun. There are some great recipes on this website and it lists all the nutritional info you would need too: http://mobile.eatingwell.com/msearch?text=burger

Honesty is my Diet said...

Oh I definitely agree with you Rosie that you have to SQUASH cravings or you end up indulging in them. You and me both have the same problem with chocolate. :)

Thanks for the website!