Saturday, July 23, 2011

It's been a while

Last night I went out with a bunch of my girlfriends to a local place for an event called "Top 30 under 30". We got all dressed up since the place has a dress code and it is known as a place where people get all dolled up. I wore this cute heather gray strapless dress w/ a peacock feather broach cute chandelier earrings and black pump me up heels. The dress hasn't fit in a while so that made me feel good that I got into it last night! I am not one to get really all dressed up to go out but it is fun every once and a while and last night it was fun.

As females we all know that 1/2 of the reason we get all cute isn't just for ourselves or guys, it's because of other females. We all judge, look around, make comments to ourselves or our friends about what other females are wearing. It's a sad truth I know! But with that being sad, my night was completely made when not once but TWICE I was told by 2 separate girls that I didn't know said I looked really cute and they loved my dress! WOW that really made me feel great and that, being told you look really cute at a club out hasn't happened in a long time.  :)    

The free bar - YES that is why I went (but I mean what red blooded American wouldn't turn down a free bar!) was from 8-10pm. At about 10:40 we decided to go next door to this Italian place for food, everyone was hungry. I definitely had a piece of Hawaiian Pizza (New York Style) and then some sausage and pepper pasta. So I went over on my calories yesterday, OH WELL! I had a blast last night and I have been craving pizza and pasta so you know what I killed the craving. The best part is I don't feel bad about it. Well that's a lie, I did a tiny bit but then I thought about when was the last time I actually food food like that after drinking and I couldn't remember, seriously I have no idea so who cared! It isn't a normal thing so it's no big deal!!!

I got home last night and into bed by midnight. Ya I know I'm sad and "old" but whatever, I know tonight is going to be a long night so I was fine with it. So this morning, Wrigley, my dog woke me up a tad after 8am, 8:15 maybe. I took him out and then did a couple chores. I decided to go work out so I headed the the YMCA around 9am. WOW it was packed! Not 1 treadmill open so I did some stretching and one opened up quickly. I hopped on and did my interval training stuff for an hour! Well, 50 minutes, 5 min warm up and 5 min cool down. 538 calories and 4.68 miles later I got off. I really had a mental struggle to get through it around 40 minutes. I wanted to get off but I knew that I would feel better afterwards if I finished through and I really did! I am tired but glad I did it. I came home and had a tomato, mushroom and fresh basil salad - it was HUGE and DELICIOUS!



I am ready for today now and looking forward to celebrating my birthday tonight and tomorrow!

No comments: