Friday, July 22, 2011

My Day!

This coming Sunday is my birthday! YAY! My mom always made my sister's and my birthdays' special when we were growing up, so I love it when it is "My Day"! I just wish I wasn't getting older now! haha! Nothing really to look forward to anymore. I know it's a bit childish, but I really like my birthday and that it is My Day and no one elses! I like to celebrate with my friends and just enjoy them and have a good day so that is exactly what I am doing this weekend!




The only problem - the food and drinking I know will not be normal for me. I have already come to terms with this in my head and accepted that this weekend I will stick to my diet where I can, but it's not the end of the world if I don't. I am going to enjoy myself! Beachin it up Saturday afternoon with my boyfriend and sister and anyone else that wants to join with probably some frosty drinks. Then off to a new favorite place of my for yummy Mexican food and drinks with LOTS of friends for dinner and then back to the beach to hit up some bars and celebrate with even more of my friends! Sunday on my actual birthday, relaxing in the morning, going to go watch my boyfriend play soccer in the afternoon and then being taken out to an AMAZING restaurant (umm Capital Grille - SOOO EXCITED because I have NEVER BEEN!) for my dinner and I am not going to be worried about not being able to get what I truly want because I might go over calories, that is for sure!!!

What I am learning is there is a place and a time for everything and that includes diets, exercise, calorie counting, etc! I am thinking about trying to get a work out in tomorrow morning at the YMCA when I wake up before heading out to the beach. I think it might make me feel better about the day, but I want to enjoy My Day and celebrating MY birthday so I am just getting the "right mind set" now so I don't get stress out about calories counting and working out this weekend.

Here's to a good birthday and making "My Day" awesome! :)

No comments: