Thursday, July 21, 2011

Think before they pour!

I knew today's workout was going to be BRUTAL when I woke up at 3-something AM and was still feeling the wine I drank last night! I quickly got up and drank a huge glass of water (a Rudy's cup to be exact for those of you who know that reference) and went back to bed. I woke up again when my alarm went off at 6:30am feeling fine but I just knew it wasn't going to be easy working out and why I wanted to wait until after the workout to write this blog!


Okay so let's back up. Last night I had an IMPACTjax social event at a local Mexican rrestaurant down by the beach. This is a group I am part of that is associated with the Chamber of Commerce for "young professionals" under the age of 40. As a member you get 2 free drink tickets for the event - last night they were good for house wine, bud light, or a house margarita. I chose wine, which I should have known better since it was a MEXICAN restaurant and it was definitely cheap red wine, plus they poured you a very tall glass. I ended up having 3 glasses, 3 huge glasses of red wine. Needless to say I should have just planned better and stayed with my boyfriend last night since he lives like 5ish minutes away, but nope I headed home and went to Publix instead. I didn't eat much there because it was really greasy food that they put out for the event. I did have 1 chicken & cheese quesadilla and 1 fried taquito - wish I hadn't eaten them afterwards because in reality they weren't that good at all but my thought process what I better put something in my stomach if I am going to drink. Anyway later at publix I got chips, salsa, salad, mushrooms, and a Healthy Choice frozen meal for lunch today. At least I was thinking! haha! I got home and even portioned out the chips which I am proud of myself for doing. Chips and salsa are my downfall and I will keep going if I am let to.

Here is the funny part, I COMPLETELY forgot about the Healthy Choice until lunch today when I saw someone heating up a frozen dinner. OOPS - ya the wine consumption was a tad high last night. Today working out it was VERY difficult! We did cardio so I jumped onto the treadmill and did my interval training that I have been doing; I did 5 cycles (25 minutes of really moving and 35 minutes total with warm-up and cool down). I am not a person that sweats very much, in fact I really barely do at all. I typically am able to use baby wipes and get back to work. I wish I did though because I just over heat and that sucks! Anyway, today I was pouring sweat, and even had to jump into the shower to rinse off afterwards! I was dying on the runs and definitely couldn't push it like I have before. 5.8 on the last run and I was groaning my someone was killing me! haha!

My whole reason for wait to post today was I wanted to experience the run after I knew I drank 1 too many glasses of wine. I am not saying I can't drink the evenings before I workout, because lord knows that isn't going to happen! haha! But 2 glasses of wine last night would have been more than plenty! I didn't need that 3rd one. It's learning these things that is going to help change things for me. The extra calories wasn't needed (boy did that take up A LOT of my calories yesterday) and I didn't appreciate it while working out today. Next time I definitely will think before I have them pour me another!

No comments: