Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Slight Set Back

The bathroom scale is always something that is scary to someone that is on a weight journey, regardless or loss or gain. Yesterday after my weekend of no calorie counting and birthday fun weekend I was too scared to get onto the scale. This morning I conjured up enough courage to step onto it. Last time I weighed myself I was 171.6 on 7/20. This morning I was 174.6, a 3lb gain in 6 days. Oops

Okay not the direction I want to go at all, but it isn't huge! It definitely is a slight set back, but nothing I can't get back through some hard work. It's amazing how easy it is to put weight on, but how much harder it is to take it off! Grr that part does hurt because I will be working this week and probably next week too to take off pounds that I already lost. That part is frustrating to me and something I will have to deal with later.

I guess I had just been losing pounds and excited about it that I didn't stop to think about what if I gain? This is a journey and every journey has ups and downs and twists and turns right?! I've been having lots of ups lately and this is my first down in the weight loss number. I have had struggles already and have seemed to handle them pretty well, so now I need to figure out how to handle this well too. How to make this bump something I can use to make me stronger. How I can grow and learn something from it.

Today is Tuesday which means 4pm long cardio workout. It will be a good time for me to do some thinking, a good time to burn lots of calories, and a good time for me to refocus and keep moving forward. I also am going to go to the YMCA and swim afterwards with my boyfriend. We tried to do it yesterday, but because it was lightning outside they closed the pool; even though the pool is indoors and grounded! I didn't understand that one, but apparently because there are windows in the pool area they have to be careful, whatever. Anyway, we decided to give it another try today so keep your fingers crossed because it is suppose to rain at 4pm again, just no lighting please!

Well here is to re-focusing and knowing that journeys are a long-term adventure and not a quick fix!!!







***Got the picture of the scale from google images - definitely INCORRECT weight!!!

No comments: