Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Hump Day!

It's Hump Day - THANK GOD! This week has been hard for me so far. Yesterday I told you I hopped on the scale and added 3lbs. I still am bummed about it but a lot of people gave me encouragement and that really helped A LOT! I have decided that only on Wednesday mornings I am going to weigh myself, but starting next week. Tuesdays are a big workout day for me and it's been enough time from the weekend that hopefully I have done some good that I feel Wednesday mornings will be a good judgement day for me each week. So look for my new number next week!

Yesterday at work we had lunch catered for the whole office for a celebratory anniversary luncheon for 2 people. A place called Tijuana Flats catered in, it's a yummy mexican kind of place. I tried to be healthy, stayed away from the wraps, had chicken, black beans, and a small "mexi-salad" that I made with taco ingredients and added a bit of hot sauce but had a small weakness and had half of one of the small pre-made chicken wraps/burritos too. I came upstairs and figured lunch was around 654 calories by using myfitnesspal.com. Here's the problem, I had been burping up lunch ALL afternoon. If you know me, that is unusual, as I typically am not a person that burps often. That made me a tad nervous about working out but I shrugged it off and at 4pm my friend and I headed downstairs to work out. 55 minutes on the treadmill doing my interval training (45 minutes of going hard). OMG acid reflux or something because about 25 minutes into it I started feeling like I was going to throw up. I even hopped off for a second and grabbed the trashcan on the other side of the room and brought it over to the treadmills. I dropped the speed by 0.1 on the runs and that helped a little bit but the last 30 minutes was soo difficult! I had to keep stopping for a couple of seconds to regain myself. I didn't even struggle that much when I had that extra glass of wine last week. I don't know if it was the not great food, the hot sauce, a combination of the 2, too much sodium (it was high definitely) or what, but it didn't agree with me while running and it definitely fought back hard!

I got through the 55 minutes and then jumped in my car and headed to the YMCA as I was going to swim with my boyfriend. He had to finish up some things still at work so since I was still in my workout clothes I headed into the gym to wait for him. I did some ab work and shoulder complex for about 15-20 minutes. Then I went into the pool and swam 1500 yards. I won't spell out my whole practice but will talk about 2 things. We decided to do 100s free instead of the 50s we have been doing; 6x100 free on 1:30 to be exact. OMG that was sooo hard! I held them all around 1:17-18, the first was 1:14, but I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest after 6! Then I did a 50 easy and we decided to race a 50 free from a push. We left on the top and we went all out. I came into the wall and watched the hand on the clock hit the 30 so I am going with 29-high! Yay I broke 30, but damn that took everything I had which was sad! I also got beat but that's okay - I know he was happy about that. hehe!  :) I did some warm down after that and called it a day.

Afterwards I was soo tired! I worked out for like 2 hours total yesterday. I haven't done that in 4+ years! I was soo tired it wasn't even funny. We went and met a mutual friend for trivia at a local spot and I was just out of it. I inhaled my food and that helped but seriously, until I had food in me I couldn't even focus. I feel better this morning but I am definitely still tired. I am NOT looking forward to working out today at 11:30, Jillian Michael's will NOT be my friend but I will go down there and yell at her back. I told my friend this and she replied with "good because we are going to get on the treadmills for 10-15 minutes too afterwards." WHAT! Okay let's do it! haha! Here's to hoping I don't die! hahahahaha!

Hopefully my week will get better, because it's been a struggle so far. Happy Hump Day!

No comments: