Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tired but Hold Strong

I haven't been this tired in a VERY VERY VERY long time! It's more than just sleepy, my body is just dead and I just don't want to do anything I am so tired. Definitely dragging ass - there is no other way to put it. This whole week I have felt this way. I sit at my desk and stare at my computer blankly and have to catch myself to get back to work. I absolutely did not want to work out yesterday and I did it not once but twice. I did feel better after the first time - Jillian Michaels always kicks my butt and then we got onto the treadmills and fast walked for 10 minutes. I was doing okay afterwards until about 3:30pm and then I just crashed! I went and swam after work with my boyfriend and only did 1050. I couldn't do any more. I physically was dead. I didn't feel as great after this one, in fact I was moving really slow afterwards in everything; walking, thinking, etc.
I actually almost broke down while swimming I was soo tired. I pulled myself together because I was swimming with my boyfriend and I didn't want him to think I was crazy for crying while swimming because I was so tired. I know it is a bit crazy, but we have all gotten to that point of being so tired that the only emotion left is to cry.  I pulled it together and I started thinking while I was swimming is this normal the way I am feeling? Is it just my body adjusting to working out again? Have I pushed it too had too fast? Am I eating enough? What can I do differently? Should I change anything? My body will adjust right so just hold strong and keep going? Am I just making this be bigger than it is in my head?

Here is what I came up with - Yes I am obviously tired there is NO doubt about that. I did sleep well last night so feel a tad better this morning, however today I am taking the day off from working out. I can't workout during my lunch hour anyway because I am meeting someone for lunch outside of work. I don't really need to workout after work either, a day off isn't going to kill me. Plus my boyfriend is leaving for the weekend and I want to spend a little bit of time before I take him to the airport. Okay decision made, day off! I also concluded that I definitely might be pushing myself too much, so I am going to back off just a tiny bit, first by taking today off. Nothing big maybe 55 or 50 minutes instead of 60 on Sat and I have been pushing myself on the treadmill, I need to stay put for a bit and not get to overly eager. I have only been in the pool like 5 times, I don't have to be testing myself so much  - keep it simple silly! I'm going to add a multi-vitamin each day, I think that will help out a bit. I am going to make sure that I am eating ALL my calories every day too and not be short. This weekend I am going to get lots of sleep and work on getting a bit more sleep every night after that too. If there was one thing I learned while being an athlete it was to listen to my body, and that is what I have to do now and probably more than ever. I am going to keep chugging along and I know that I will get back on track. I just have to keep my head held high, maybe clench my teeth and bit, but don't give up - that's exactly what I am going to do! Hold Strong!

Just Too Funny!!!

2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

You will not be allowed to give up! NOPE NOT GOING TO HAPPEN - but definitely take it easy.. your pushing to hard to soon for sure. Also you dont have to eat all your calories that you gain from working out but maybe half.. Star with that and look at what your eating and when...

TIffany Gowens said...

PS NEB- I love the PICS!!!!