Monday, August 29, 2011

Smallest Regardless

Well I am back from Charlotte and had a GREAT time! Maybe even a little bit too much fun. :) We found an apartment for my boyfriend which was our whole motive for going, so definitely successful trip. I saw an old friend of mine for the first time in a long time. We had a lot of fun with the friends we stayed with and the drive wasn't that bad.The weird part that I can't explain is that I ended up losing weigh over the weekend! Read below and I'll explain why this is weird.

I didn't have time to work out but it didn't bother me. I enjoyed myself and that is all that mattered. I didn't let myself get all caught up and upset over not being able to work out. I was proud of myself as weird as that sounds because It didn't let it affect me at all! I struggled with that at the beginning of this journey; letting myself get upset or beating myself up a bit if I didn't get a work out. I mean it's not real life to always work out all the time. If you miss it you miss it, move on right?! Okay well that's point 1 of it being weird I loss weight, I haven't worked out since Thursday afternoon!

I went over my calorie count big time Friday-Sunday! I didn't work out as I said Fri-Sun so I only had that 1200 calories to work with. I was eating out every meal which you do when you are out of town and a drank more than I have in a while, especially Friday evening! If you are friends with me on MFP you can check out my diary, but here is the quick breakdown:
      - Friday: normal breakfast, lunch out for a work lunch had a salad with grilled fish and french onion
        soup (no croutons), dinner grilled chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-a (no top bun) and french fries.
      - Friday: drank an entire bottle of wine once we made it into Charlotte.
      - Saturday: Cinnamon Crunch bagel with low-fat honey walnut cream cheese from Panera with lemonade
        Lunch was 1/2 a #14 Bootlegger on Whole Wheat at Jimmy Johns with all the veggies and a Sprite,
        Dinner was amazing at a Mexican restaurant, plenty of chips and salsa with 2 types of salsa and then
        Enchiladas Suzias (could only eat half) with ranchero beans and veggie rice (could barely touch them)
      - Saturday: had 1 glass of wine before we left, 3 skinny margaritas at the restaurant and 3/4 of a bottle of
         wine when we returned.
      -Sunday: ate at this awesome place called "Toast" up by Davidson College for brunch at 11:30. Had this
        great southwestern scramble, red potato hash, and wheat toast and ate it all! Dinner was at Zaxby's
        which I had chicken strips, french fries, some coleslaw and lemonade.

The last reason that was I stayed up entirely too late on Friday and Saturday and was tired all weekend which never is good for losing weight. Friday "night" we went to bed after 2am at some point and got up Saturday morning at 8:30. Saturday night was in bed around 1am and up at 10am. Needless to say I crashed Sunday afternoon and got a hell of a headache. I had to take an hour and half nap in the car ride back to get rid of it. I felt bad since John was driving and drove up too but I didn't have a choice, my head was going to explode.

So anyway, no exercise, high calories, lots of alcohol, and little sleep and I lose weight!!! Here's the last 6 days of weight - someone please explain this to me!
- Wednesday 8/24: 171.0 lbs
- Thursday 8/25: 172.0 lbs
- Friday 8/26: 172.6 lbs
- Saturday 8/27: 171.8 lbs
- Sunday 8/28: 170.6 lbs
- Monday 8/29: 171.0 lbs

Apparently not doing what I am suppose to do works for me! haha! Oh well I am going to keep doing what I am suppose to do, because I know it will pay off! Here is what I have to do today for my MFP August Challenge: Monday 8/29 - Final Days make them count! 200 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 10 burpees, 10 mountain climbers, 10 globe jumps, 10 Squat Kicks, 10 ZigZag Hops! Tomorrow is the last day of the Challenge (Wednesday is a rest day before September's Challenge starts): Tuesday 8/30- Final Days make them count! Walk, Run, Jog a 5K that is 3.2 miles straight no stopping! As fast or as slow as you need to!


Well here is to being the smallest I have been in years regardless of how I got there!!! :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Don't forget you are building muscle, which weighs more than fat and burns more calories. And there are fluctuations in water weight, etc. Don't stress so much about the day to day numbers. You are doing great, feeling great, and the reaching your goal. Very inspiring!