Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Back Hurts

Well it's Tuesday and that means 4pm workout. Today according to my training schedule I am suppose to run 3 miles. I did that on Saturday and the previous Tuesday so it should be no problem. Well that's just the thing, it should be but I did something to my back on Friday. That evening it started hurting and has gotten worse since. It did settle down a bit yesterday but I think I need to see a chiropractor to get realigned. I think I have a vertebrae that needs to be popped back into place and what is causing all the pain. Everything is trying to compensate for the wacked out alignment and it just doesn't feel very good. I am going to go run today, but definitely take it easy. I have been trying to hold my average running pace to under 9:45 per mile, and actually more like 9:15 since on the 28th I am running a 5 mile race and need to go under 49 minutes, which is just under 10 minutes a mile, however, there are 2 bridges so to compensate I have been trying to hold a tad faster pace. Today though I am going to just jog easily, get the distance in, but not push myself. At the same time if I need to stop and turn around, even if it isn't "half way" I am going to do that too! It is important to me to not hurt myself so I can accomplish my goal. I have my heating pad with me at work and plan on having it on all day to keep myself lose and feeling better. I used it a lot this weekend and it really helped a lot. Plus a couple of times while it is warm today I am going to go and stretch it out because that too has helped when I did it this past weekend.

On a good note I have to say I am proud of myself for running on Saturday even though my boyfriend was in town. I got out there around 4:30pm and ran 3 miles outside; 3.55 total with warm-up/down. Sunday though I was suppose to do 30 minutes of cross training, however, my back was hurting and I decided to rest it in the hopes that I would be able to run this week. All in all I was very impressed with myself for running on Saturday.

No comments: