Friday, January 20, 2012

Bridges

TGIF!!! I am so looking forward to not having to get up early tomorrow! Sleeping in and enjoying my weekend is what I have in mind. I am going  to try and run over the bridges in downtown this weekend. There are railed off sidewalks that i am going to practice running over on Sunday. Maybe I will drag my sister with me and we can go get lunch or brunch afterwards. :) You are probably asking why am I running Sunday instead of Saturday like my training schedule says. Well you see yesterday I was supposed to run 2.5 miles and do some strength work, however I was unable to get it in and instead of today being my rest day I am switching the days. If I am going to run today instead I don't want to run 2 days back to back, so I am switching Saturday to cross training which was on Sunday and the run to Sunday that was on Saturday. I still get everything in!

I know I know why didn't I get in my run yesterday. Well I had a meeting at 11am that was only suppose to go until 11:30 but instead it went to 12:30. Normally no biggie I would run then, however yesterday I had to be downtown at 2pm so I needed to leave at 1:30 so trying to run and get lunch in and answer some emails was out of the question. I had to push it back to after work. Well after work I had something that truly was more important that working out. Unfortunately I can't talk about it yet, but I promise as soon as I can I will! I promise though it was more important that going for a run. I also had plans to meet up with an old high school friend that evening and by the time I finished around 6:45 with my important something, there just wasn't time to get in a run and be at her place between 7-7:30pm.

Life happens and when it does you just have to adjust. What I am proud of is that I just went with the flow, didn't beat myself up and adjusted things to keep myself going. Okay today is my day off and tomorrow won't be - done! Today I am not able to run during lunch, just entirely too much to finish up by today. I plan on running after work and damn it I will! haha!

Well I can't wait to tell you how the bridge runs go this weekend. Hopefully all good! :) Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: