Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Good and the Ugly

Yesterday was an interesting day to say the very least. I had 2 doctor appointments, the 2nd was the Chiropractor and he fixed me. The X-rays showed that my left hip and shifted forward causing the bottom of my spine to curve right and twist so it wouldn't break. That is what I was feeling and where the pain came from. You see I have "funny hips", in fact the chiropractor said he had never seen hips like mine where I had complete control over subluxing them in and out. That just shouldn't happen he said. he said that is probably why i had no pain in my hip when it shifted. Anyway, he reset my hip which OMG OUCH but amazing relief immediately afterwards. He also popped my spine back into place and popped my neck too. I felt great when I left.

Next stop was the YMCA for a 35-40 minute swim. Typically I get there at 5:30 and there is masters that starts at 6 so I am just overlapping with them barely. It's a joke of a masters team in my book and they take up 4-5 of the 6 lanes. So yesterday when I got there at 6 I had to wait a bit for an open space. The "coach" (she gets quotes because she is probably 24 and just stands there, writes the practice on the board and doesn't do anything except socialize with the boys on the team) finally let me split a lane that only 1 of the master swimmers were in since she knew I knew what I was doing in the pool and wouldn't disturb the other swimmer. As I was swimming I thought to myself that maybe I would flirt with the idea that on Wednesdays ONLY I would get up early and swim before work. We will see though, you know I don't do mornings! Otherwise the swim went well and in fact I got 2,000 in again in 38 minutes and did a tad bit more kick so getting better in the water! :) YAY!

Then the bad part of yesterday that I am paying for now. I got home around 7:15 or so and was starving! I took my dog out to the bathroom, fed both my animals, tinkered with the Internet since it wasn't working and my recipe for the Pad Thai I was making was online, finally got it up and running and started to prep dinner, cooked and next thing I knew it was 8:45pm. The problem I had snacked on sooooo much that I wasn't even hungry for dinner! I separated the Pad Thai in 4 containers like the recipe stated and cleaned up. this morning I am paying for my snacking decision. Lots of chips and salsa, 5 pepperoncinis, a handful of salted peanuts, handful or so of the overcooked noodles (followed the package and they got over cooked, thankfully I only did half the package) and some carrots. This morning my stomach is hating me and doing flip turns and yelling back at me. It's been a regular breakfast day with a side of pepto and a straw! haha!

Oh well you live and learn I guess. Today is another day and running is in store today with a little bit of strength work. Today's goal - drink at least 8 glasses of water and stay under my calorie count!

No comments: