Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Route

Yesterday was a crazy day at work let me tell you! I was running all over the place, but the best part of my day was 11:30-12:30, well really 11:40-12:15 when I worked out! Monday's have really become my favorite day of my training program - just stretching and strength work. It's even better than the day off. It's 30-40 minutes of just quiet time to myself (a little music too) and just listening to my body. I did 20 minutes of stretching and some yoga to get into areas that were sore and tad bothersome. It really was great! I then did 15 minutes of some calf raises, squats, abs, let raises and then stretched out my calves at the end. When I left the work-out room after 35 minutes I really just felt great! It was a re-energizing session, time to reconnect with my body and just overall great ME time!

Today is a 4 miles run. I am doing it around my office like normal for a Tuesday but I am doing a different route since I have never run this far before around here. I am a bit nervous to run in a area that I am not use to. I used www.mapmyrun.com to find it and I driven all through that area before so I know I will be okay, I just have never run it, so hopefully all will go A-Okay! By the way, if you have never used MapMyRun.com I highly recommend it! It's a great tool to view ahead of time routes when you know the distance you need to run. It's also a great tool to see how far you ran if you didn't know previous to your run. I strap my iPhone to my arm and use the Nike+GPS app (AMAZING App that is worth the $1.99 hands down!!!) which tells me how far I have run, however, I am a visual person and a planner and like to know where I am going before I do it, especially if it is something new and I can control it. Definitely check out both, the website above and the Nike App if you are looking for new tools to aid in your running! :)

Happy Tuesday ALL! :)

No comments: