Thursday, March 1, 2012

Feeling Better

I have been swamped this week - OMG! I have been missing my blog and I decided to take a few minutes very quickly to type one up. This week has been good, I feel MUCH better. Monday I still felt a tad tired still but by Tuesday all good.

I ran 5 miles Tuesday at 4pm and felt good the whole way. My legs didn't hurt, my body kept going, and I held a nice pace the whole way. I ran the 5 miles in 47 minutes and 58 seconds! Not my fastest 5 miles but under that 49 minute goal that I was trying to do a month ago. YAY! The only bad thing is on Wednesday my hip was killing me! I should have iced it down after my run and didn't and I paid for it Wednesday. I took 4 anti-inflammatory and it didn't do squat. Today however it is feeling better Thank God!

So my goal this week was to stay under my calorie count - ya I forgot about the dinner I was supposed to have Wednesday night with some people from work. It was fabulous last night! We have a Dutch intern that has been with us for 7 months and is heading back on Saturday. (he's part of this program that our mother company has and they work with their opt-cos) There was a group of 8 of us that took him out to dinner for a good-bye we will miss you dinner at this great local restaurant. We had great wine, oysters, soup, main course and desert. I just didn't care, I ate my oysters, had this fabulous tomato & leek soup, this fantastic pork chop with these german style fingerling potatoes and cabbage mixture and for desert enjoy some crème boule (my favorite!), not to mention the delicious wine.

I don't feel bad about yesterday, I didn't get on the scale this morning so I couldn't get "mad" at myself, and that was yesterday and I enjoyed myself and today I had a great breakfast, have a yummy sandwich for lunch and then my sister is making dinner so it should be a great day. I am working on looking forward and not backwards. There is nothing wrong with a little splurge here and there and yesterday was just that.

So small change up in the weekly work out plan this week. I knew that I had lunch plans and dinner plans yesterday and I didn't want to get up early so I took Wednesday as my day off. Today I am swimming for 45 minutes instead of running, running 3 miles with strength tomorrow, swimming an hour on Saturday and then running the 8 miles on Sunday. That means the following week it is stretching on Monday, 3 miles on Tuesday, 30 minutes cross on Wednesday, 2 miles on Thursday and rest of Friday and RACE on Saturday!!!!! I can't wait!

No comments: