Monday, February 27, 2012

Start Over Day

Monday Monday, can't trust that day. (Name of band anyone?) Every Monday I wake up and I never know how the day is going to go, let alone the week. This morning it was cold and rainy and I wanted nothing more than to stay in bed and sleep. Unfortunately the rational side of me kicks in and pulled myself out of bed and into the shower. Standing in the shower I was thinking about this week, how it's the last week of training really before my race in 13 days. Last week was suppose to be an easier week, only running 3 and 4 miles. Well I ran 3 miles Tuesday and Thursday, but the 4 miles on Saturday, ya I decided to listen to my body which was sick and took it easy this weekend. I also really didn't get in my cross training either. Normally I would feel bad about that and beat myself up a bit over it - NOPE I am actually A-OKAY with it.

I woke up Friday morning feeling terrible. I actually went home around lunch and got into bed and finished my work. Saturday I didn't wake up till 11:30 (went to bed at like 10) and still didn't feel very well. There was no way I was running! Sunday I slept again for like 13.5 hours and woke up feeling better but still not 100%. I had thought I might swim or lightly run, maybe 2 hours or something but I decided to get better and start fresh this week. I think it was the best decision I could have made. I even made home made soup last night which was delicious I have to say. I have some for lunch today I am really looking forward to.

This week I am going to get in everything. It's definitely a start over and get back into it week. I am not going to push myself too hard because I don't want to get sick again, nor hurt myself, or be tired too much in 13 days. Here is this week's schedule:

Monday - Stretch & Strength (instead of strength I think I am going to do 15-20 minutes light elliptical)
Tuesday - 5 mile run
Wednesday - 45 minutes Cross Training (haven't decided yet)
Thursday - 3 miles plus strength
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 8 mile run (I see and ice bath for legs and hips afterwards)
Sunday - 60 minutes Cross Training - probably swimming


GOAL this week - Stay under my calorie count ALL week!

No comments: