Friday, February 24, 2012

Rough Week

I am glad this week is almost over. It has been a rough one and today is the cherry on top - I'm feeling terrible and sick! BLAH! Here's a quick update:

Wednesday - Really didn't want to work out but convinced myself that it was just swimming and I would take it easy and keep it long and aerobic for the 45 minutes I needed to swim. I got out of work around 5:15 and headed to the YMCA. A few minutes out from the YMCA a huge lightening bolt lit up the rainy sky - there went that idea! For whatever reason the Y shuts the pool down even though it is grounded. I went home to let out Wrigley since all I had was swimming gear, no work out gear so I couldn't just go and hop on the bike or elliptical or something. Once I got home that was it. I was really tired and just wanted to relax and that is exactly what I did. Part of me felt bad a first that I didn't stick to my training schedule and didn't do cross training for 45 minutes, but then I just brushed it off and realized it wasn't the end of the world and was okay with it.

Thursday - I had the worst run I think ever! First off mentally I wasn't into working out AT ALL! There was no part of me that wanted to exercise but since I didn't work out on Wednesday I didn't want to skip another one, especially a run. So I went down stairs, strapped my shoes and headband on and out the door I went. I realized from the 1st step that it wouldn't be an easy one. I decided to just take it easy, it wasn't about pace today it was about getting it down. Oh wow those words couldn't have been more true. It was only 3 miles but after 1.50 I had to walk a little bit, then again around 2.15 miles. I started running again at 2.25 miles and I ran the rest of the way. It wasn't fast but I told myself I could do 0.75 miles. The hardest part was that at 2.5 miles I was back where I started and had to pass it and then come back. There was part of me that really just wanted to stop at 2.5 miles and say screw it I at least did something. Thankfully something kicked in and didn't let me stop and kept me going. I finished and felt worse than when I started. Plus it was just not a good day. All in all Thursday just kind of sucked. At least I made a good decision for dinner - went by Chipotle for a bowl because I knew I didn't want to cook and I figured it might as well be something not too bad for me and yummy.

Friday - Today I woke up feeling like crap. I really didn't want to go to work but I had some important things to take care of so off I went work. I was freezing the whole time, even with a blanket around me. Finally after my 12-12:30 meeting and the follow up afterwards I headed up to finish up work around 1. I have been freezing and hot back and forth all afternoon! I hate being sick! It makes sense though now why this week hasn't been the greatest. Why I was soo tired Wednesday out of the blue and yesterday my body just didn't want to operate and I struggled through my run. I guess I just need to listen to my body more. Tonight it relax and get to bed early. This weekend I will play it by ear on the working out and see how I feel. My race is in 2 weeks from tomorrow so I need to make sure I get better and quickly!

Well I haven't been too bad, it's just been rough and that's why you haven't heard from me. Well have a good weekend - hopefully yours is better than mine.

No comments: