Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Ultimate Wager!!

This weekend I was with my boyfriend, which was great by the way! Anyway we got talking about me losing weight and getting in shape and how it's easier for guys to do it than girls, and that led us talking about our bellies and how we each wanted to lose them. That led me to suggest a little wager - let's see who could lose their belly 1st! There is no time limit, no set weight we have to get to, it is simply losing your belly first on an honor system. He sounded intrigued and asked what we would wager. I knew it had to be something good, something that had a little bit of an embarrassing quality to it and something neither person would want to motivate them to take this seriously. I asked him what he would want if he won and he wasn't sure. I knew then what I wanted and what would work to keep him motivated. I also knew I would get something bad in return that I didn’t want to do, but if I was going to dish it I had to be willing to take it!

Back story first - I grew up in Nashville, TN and my dad was a huge football fan so he raised us to love football. Since we grew up in Tennessee so he thought we should be Tennessee Volunteer fans, and that's exactly what I became. One of my favorite memories with my dad was in 1998 when the Vols beat Florida State in the 1st ever BCS Bowl game to win the National Title. I was only 12 years old and had already gone to bed. At half time my dad woke me up and asked me if I wanted to watch the game - easy answer YES! We went into the bonus room and he had snacks and sprite and orange soda and a football and we just "tailgated" in our bonus room yelling at the TV and throwing the football around. With only a few minutes left in the game my mom comes in the room and asks what we were doing and why I am up and we reply with watching Tennessee win the National Championship mom!! haha! It was a great memory and one that definitely formed my love for Tennessee football. My boyfriend is a HUGE Florida Gators fan. His whole family is basically. He grew up in Florida and since he was a little boy he has been a Gator Chompin fan. GROSS! hahaha!

As you know the Tennessee Volunteers and the Florida Gators don't really like each other. I don't hold this against my boyfriend that he picked the wrong team! :) haha Anyway, this is where my wager comes from. I told him that if I win I want him to dress from head to toe in Tennessee Orange and White and he would sing Rocky Top while being recorded, which then would be placed on Facebook for all to see! There is one other place too it would be seen but he has to ask a question first for that to happen. He wasn't too happy about it but accepted the challenge ONLY if he won he would dress me in Florida Orange and Blue and I had to do the Gator Chomp while being filmed which will be put on facebook for all to see and at one more place to view, but again he has to ask first.

I reluctantly accepted and vowed to myself that there would be NO WAY I was doing the Gator Chomp! Before picture need to be taken - most likely tonight. I'll have to get him to do it and send it to me so I know he did it! :) It's time to buckle down and lose this belly once and for all because I HAVE to win!!!

                                                                                                                                                


No comments: