Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's Official

2 Things because official today - the 1st I am the most excited about :)

#1:
Well it is official I am DONE training! Monday was 8 miles, yesterday was a 30 minute aerobic swim, and this morning was a long, comfortable 2 mile run. Tomorrow and Friday besides walking Wrigley there will be no exercise, just resting and stretching of the legs and keeping heat on my hip. I am so proud of myself for sticking to this 10 week plan and getting myself ready for my race. This is something I honestly didn't think I would be able to do - run more than like 3 miles. I remember last year while grabbing a beer and playing trivia with some friends around 8-8:30 a friend saying he ran 8 miles between work and the beer - I thought to myself he was crazy and how the hell did he just run 8 miles?! On Monday I DID 8 MILES! I know there are people out there that do marathons and even 1/2 marathons and 8 miles is nothing, but for me this is a milestone. This is something I seriously thought was something I couldn't do and I did it. I absolutely can not wait for Saturday!

Good News too that I found out yesterday afternoon - I got a seated position for the race Saturday! This is what I was trying to do with the 5 mile race that I did where I was trying to go under 49 minutes. You see there are like 20,000 people participating in this race this weekend - it's the largest 15K in the country. They seat the first 5000 people and this was my goal. (1-300 are the Olympic qualifiers, 301-100 is a heat, then 1000-2000, 2000-3000, 3000-4000, and finally 4000-5000 - all are based upon a qualifying time achieved) This means you are ahead of 15,000+ people if you get into one of these heats! Well I just missed it by 25 seconds when I did my 5 mile race in January. I was slightly bummed but at the same time that was my first ever 5 mile run ever so I couldn't complain with the time.  Yesterday I received an email that said that I AM IN!!!! I am officially a seated runner! :) My bib# is 4932!!! YIPPIE! I am soo excited I just can't hold it in. :)


#2:
Well it is official I am the smallest I have been in probably 4 years! I got on the scale this morning and it said 161.2lbs! I haven't been under 162lbs at least in 4 years. I FINALLY broke through that 162 mark. My goal was to be 155lbs by March 1st which I am still a ways from but you know what who cares that I didn't make it. I am losing inches and have been for a bit with no movement on the scale. I finally was okay with that but this new # I haven't seen in soo long is the cherry on the cake this week. For me this number means I am on the right track in making my life a healthy one. I have been working so hard at it and for 5 months I have been basically at the same weight, gained a little bit around the holidays but since October I haven't been under 162lbs - today I did it! Things are working and I couldn't be happier! :)

No comments: