Monday, March 12, 2012

BEST WEEKEND EVER

This weekend was officially the best weekend of my life! I was all excited about my big race on Saturday morning and my boyfriend was coming for it which meant the world to me. Then of course there was him coming and getting to spend time with him which ALWAYS puts me in a good mood. :)

On weekends we get to see each other typically on the Friday we get in very late as we can't leave until 5pm after work and then a 5 1/2-6 hour drive puts you in quite late. I told him if there was any way to leave an hour or 2 early that would be great since I needed to go to bed early to get a good nights rest with my race in the morning. He said it would be difficult since apparently 2 people were already out on his team and that is the max that can be out for scheduling. Well I talked to him around 5:30 and he told me he was a bit over 2 hours out! The little sneaker tricked me! Well he also tricked me and that he got in even earlier than he said surprising me even further! I couldn't be happier he was there by 7:10-15! I could stop hugging and kissing him and then he told me he had another surprise for me. I told him that him being here for my race, surprising me early was more than enough for me, what else could top that?! Well he topped it - a little box appeared between us as we were still hugging. He had these big cute eyes and just said I love you. I am sure my face was shocked but all I could do was hug him more and I couldn't stop kissing him. The smile across my face had to be huge because I could feel it ear to ear! haha! I finally stopped kissing him and said yes. He then put it on my finger and it is absolutely gorgeous!! He did amazing - it is soo me and an oval cut which I love oval and emerald cuts. I will never forget his face when looked at me with this little box in his hands. I love him soo much and couldn't be happier!



Okay that just made the weekend amazing! We immediately called my parents and his and then I had to tell those I love too. Texts when out and then it made it onto facebook and that exploded. I have never felt soo loved! We then went to dinner and met up with my fiance's brother and 2 friends. His brother was soo happy and was excited to have me be part of the family. That just made me feel great and happy that his family likes me too. Always a plus! :) haha!

Next was Saturday morning and I was up at 6am. I got ready, ate some oatmeal, and we were out the door by 6:30 headed downtown to the race. It was a cold windy morning but I tried my best not to let it phase me. I stretched and waited around for the 8:30 gun shot. It went off and away we went, all 20,000 people!! The 1st 4 miles are a blur for me - it just went smoothly and the atmosphere was just carrying me. By mile 5 I finally realized I was already past half way and couldn't believe it - probably because I realized I had to pee and started looking for a port-a-potty. I found one but decided that I would just wait it out and make it to the end - ya that lasted about a quarter of a mile when I decided nope I have to find one NOW! Haha! The next one wasn't until mile 6 and I mowed over some spectators to get to it. It was God Sent and made the world of difference. After that around 6.5 miles I started to feel my legs. I think I stopped thinking about how bad I had to pee and was able to focus on other things, such as my legs. I took a Cliff Blok I was carrying with me and some water at mile 7 and got my second wind. I turned the corner and hit mile 8 right as we started to go up the "Green Monster" (the large green bridge the runners have nicknamed the Green Monster), I ran the whole way up and didn't stop! I was soo proud of myself. Coming down it was soo windy that you actually had to run down it, there was no just go and let gravity take you, it was wind pushing you back. Oh well it was fun because you could see the end and it made it all that much better. I came in just under 1:35 with my official time being 1:33.19. I was soo happy with my time considering I had a bathroom break and walked through the water stations that I took water at - that was my breather. I would definitely do it again next year! :)

That evening we went over to his parents' house to celebrate for dinner with his younger brother and a family friend. They were so cute having a champagne toast any everything! They were so happy and that just made me feel so welcomed and loved. It's great to know that they approve of me for their son since he is the love of my life.

Well here's a great year I know it!!!!

No comments: