Thursday, March 22, 2012

Been a While...

It's been a while for a a lot of things lately.

1.) It's been a while since I have blogged. In fact it's been over a week and half. The last time I did an entry I had just finished my race, became engaged and was happier than I thought possible. Since then I have been to Miami, seen a lot of family, put on a huge $45K cocktail party for my work, switched from Outlook to Google Aps for work, introduced mine and my fiance's parents at a lunch and started my wedding planning. Needless to say I have been a busy girl lately! In addition work has never been busier and the stack on work on my desk is becoming overwhelming a bit. I'll get through it, I always do! :)

2.) It's been a while since I have worked out. In fact my race was the last time I did something physical. OOPS! It has almost been 2 weeks since I have worked out, 12 days to be exact. I wanted last week to be a break since I was in Miami the majority of the week and didn't want to have to worry about it, but I have kinda carried it over into this week for no reason at all. This morning I thought about going swimming after work, but my stuff is in the back of the car my sister is driving right now (my whole family has been playing musical cars lately with my dad doing some work on mine and now my sister's car). I could have very well gotten it out of the the trunk this morning and switched it over but I didn't. I did tell myself when I had the thought in the shower to go swimming today, when I realized how long that it had been, that naw I will just start back up next week. Umm hello dumbo you are going to Pensacola on Thursday morning and won't be back till Monday for a wedding and mini-vaca time with your fiance. I know I won't do diddly squat. I have told myself that I will bring my work out stuff because on Friday especially when the groomsmen (which my fiance is part of) are at the golf course and the bridesmaids (not me) are at the spa I would go work out and then plop my butt down on the beach. Question is will I do the 1st part because we all know I will do the 2nd part! haha!

3.) It's been a while since I really tracked my food. I haven't really been making bad choices. In Miami I definitely ate more than I should have at meals, but I was eating Cuban food, and being that I am Cuban and don't get to eat the yumminess of that food all the time, I ate and ate and ate until I couldn't eat anymore because it was that good. Oh well! I was pleasantly surprised on Monday I got on the scale and it said 161.2lbs so I really didn't gain anything over the week - so yay! Really though I need to be better about tracking. I ALWAYS do better when I do and make better progress. Today I am going to do this, today my goal is to track everything. Just 1 day at a time right?

Well there have definitely been quite a few "It's been a whiles" lately. Good thing is that it's not a huge set back, just a small one. Time to get my butt back into gear. Maybe I will go run on the beach this week... the water is finally starting to be warm enough to get into and that would be a nice refreshing feeling after a run. We'll see.

No comments: