Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Corset

I struggled with today's post on being honest. I had a hard time with something yesterday that when looking back now is really stupid that it bothered me. You see I am going to a Pirate Party on the 19th for the local Propeller Club in town; it's their largest fundraiser each year. My company is very involved with the club and had a drawing for a pair of tickets that I won ($30 each so not bad). Most people dress up so I thought I could use the outfit I wore for Oktoberfest below and make it into a pirate costume with a corset. The straps are separate and I can fold up the little apron thing.


Well last night I went by a Halloween store tried on a few corsets. I have heard they run small so I grabbed XL - 3 of the 4 didn't fit at all. The ones with zippers, those were basically comical. I ended up getting one but I have to buy new ribbon for the lace up in the back - what came with it isn't long enough since I have to have it a bit apart to fit That kinda depressed me a bit but I bought it anyway and went to Hobby Lobby for more ribbon. I found some but wasn't paying attention and didn't buy long enough ribbon - oops. 

I wasn't feeling too hot about myself since the XL corsets didn't fit really at all and I refused to buy a plus size corset since I use to have to buy plus size 30+ pounds ago and I haven't had to in a long time and I refused to go back even if it was for a costume. I ended up going out to dinner with a friend and got 3 tacos instead of my usual 2. I was really full afterwards and felt uncomfortable too which just made me feel worse. 

When I got home, I tried everything on and actually was pleasantly surprised that it actually looked really cute and good! That made me feel so much better about myself. I also was looking online and there are LOTS of reviews that those things run super super small. One lady who is 30 said she is normally is a size 2 (which makes me want to shove a large T-Bone Steak down her throat) and had to buy a medium that she barely fit into it. That kinda made me feel better. lol! 

I know it's all stupid that a Halloween Corset made me feel dumb but it did. The good news is that I realized it did and that I actually looked cute once it was all set and done. I brought my gym bag with me today and damn it I am working out today!!! 

Sister - did your pirate costume have boot cuffs or a head scarf?? Can I borrow them if it did? 

1 comment:

Julia said...

Hey beautiful! Don't get down. You are doing a great job. Halloween costumes DO run small- even when I am at my race weight, which, according to my mother is "unhealthy skinny" I am at east a large in most everything. No more drowning your sorrows in tacos. And I can't wait to see your pictures in your pirate costumes. Ay ay, matey :)