Monday, October 15, 2012

Jumping in with 2 Feet

A new week and hopefully a new start. I need to get myself back under control in many ways and I want to start this week! Here's my plan:

1.) I went by Publix when I got into town last night and bought some food. Trying something new for breakfast - non-fat Greek Yogurt with organic low-sodium hemp granola mixed in and a fruit. Sounds healthy and it was pretty good too! I also bought some frozen meals (sodium contents under 500, except 1 which is my favorite and it's 540) and salad for lunches and then some pork chops, gold potatoes and broccoli for dinners. I really need to eat in more and healthier and I hopefully have set myself up a bit to do that this week.

2.) Doctor's orders - work out 4-5 times a week for 30-45 minutes at least. Looking at my schedule this week I have something tonight from 5-6pm so that means I can at the very least walk after work for at least 30 minutes every single day this week! I can also some something small at a few lunches. I will get in the below at either lunch or after work, the other is very light cardio and probably some good core work.

3.) I am going to put myself onto a schedule to get ready to start training for my 1/2 marathon. I start that training on November 26th - which means I have 6 weeks to prepare and then the 7th week training starts. I'm following the Hal Higdon's 1/2 Marathon Novice 2 Program so I looked at his 5K programs and decided on the novice with some twists. It has 8 weeks and I only have 6 so this is how I am going to modify it: Week 1 - 1, Week 2 - 2 and 3 combined (Tue week 2, Sat week 3), Week 3 - 3 and 4 combined, Week 4 - 4 and 5 combined, Week 5 - 5 and 6 combined, Week 6 - 7. After that it's into marathon training. So with the below that means tonight is walking Wrigley.


WEEKMONTUEWEDTHUFRISATSUN
1Rest or run/walk1.5 m runRest or run/walk1.5 m runRest1.5 m run30-60 min walk
2Rest or run/walk1.75 m runRest or run/walk1.5 m runRest1.75 m run35-60 min walk
3Rest or run/walk2 m runRest or run/walk1.5 m runRest2 m run40-60 min walk
4Rest or run/walk2.25 m runRest or run/walk1.5 m runRest2.25 m run45-60 min walk
5Rest or run/walk2.5 m runRest or run/walk2 m runRest2.5 m run50-60 min walk
6Rest or run/walk2.75 m runRest or run/walk2 m runRest2.75 m run55-60 min walk
7Rest or run/walk3 m runRest or run/walk2 m runRest3 m run60 min walk
8Rest or run/walk3 m runRest or run/walk2 m runRestRest5-K Race


I have to just throw myself into this and get myself motivated by just getting back into and loving again how I feel afterwards. I have proved to myself that trying to ease back into it isn't working. Time to just jump in with both feet and do it. I meant to take a picture of myself this morning but I forgot - I will either tonight or tomorrow morning and I promise I will post!

Have a great week!


No comments: