Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My 1st Run Back - Ouch!

I decided to bite the bullet yesterday during my lunch hour and get things done! No more putting it off Meghan, it was time to do it. However, I was a little slow getting ready - can I say reluctant much?! haha

I went outside and set my runner tracker and set off on a route I hadn't run in God knows how long. I walked 0.25 miles to warm up and then really put foot to pavement and started running. It wasn't fast and it wasn't pretty but I was running again.

I was suppose to run 1.5 miles yesterday, so I was going to run 0.75 miles out and then turn around. In my head all morning I was telling myself that it is just to the train tracks and back (I know that doesn't mean anything to you reading - train tracks - but it's a landmark on my route that isn't too far away. The 0.75 mark was just before the train tracks but I couldn't do it, I couldn't turn around until I reached them so that is what I did, I ran to the train tracks like I had told myself all morning. I still stopped running at 1.5 miles and then just had a tad longer walk back - 0.4 miles instead of 0.25, a welcomed recovery.

I'm definitely not going to tell you that it was easy or no biggie, it freakin burned like hell to be honest - Ouch! My legs were pounding and my heart was racing the whole time. It's amazing how fast you can lose it and such a short distance becomes hard. It's okay I have to start somewhere.

Today I hope to get a walk in with Wrigley this evening. I have to run a few errands at lunch so no work out then - today is rest or walk/run so I am going to choose to walk. Here's to some good choices today!

No comments: