Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tired, Sore and Pushing Myself

I feel like someone ran me over with a steam roller this morning! I couldn't fall asleep last night to save my life. It was probably around 2am when I finally did and I did sleep hard for those a little over 4 hours that I slept but I'm still tired!

Also holy cow batman I am sore, I am sore! It's a good sore though - getting back into shape. It's never an easy road. Lately though I have been looking at myself and asking why did I let it get this way? I don't have an answer and I only make excuses unfortunately. However lately I have had a few things that have really motivated me - a friend of mine completed her very first marathon this past weekend. She struggled mentally a few times getting there, but in the end she conquered it! I was so proud of her and it showed me that it's okay to doubt yourself sometimes as long as you dust yourself off and get back up and move forward. I also have a co-worker that just completed the Kona Ironman for the 2nd time! I am actually not a big fan of this co-worker to be honest but I know he has been struggling with some knee pain over the last 2 years and rehabbed it so he could once again complete in something he was very passionate about.

What I have decided is that I know I can run the 1/2 marathon in February, it's getting the motivation to get there. Right now it is a force but sometimes you have to start there. I know it will come back because when I was training for the Gate Rive Run (my first 15K that I ran earlier this year on March 10) I actually was loving my runs and pushing and challenging myself.

Today I am going to have to push myself to get what needs to be done, done. At lunch I am going to do the little circuit again but without the arms extra on the end (I added that myself to tone my arms but going to alternate days). Then after work I have to run 1.75 miles. I'm going to do it here since I have a 6:30 hair appointment and it will be the easiest and only way to get it in. However, at lunch here is what I will be doing today:

80 Jumping Jacks
50 Vertical Leg Crunches
20 Sit-ups
15 Tricep Dips
20 Squats
10 Side Lunges (each leg)
15 Leg Lifts (each leg)
50 Bicycles
15 Wall Push-ups
40 Russian Twists

I think I might have even gotten my fiance to join me in doing these little circuits too! :) I was telling him about them last night and he asked me to email them to him so he could do them! Yay! Getting sexy together for our wedding - I LOVE IT!

No comments: