Monday, February 4, 2013

Getting Ready for my 1/2

It's been a while since I posted - I know I know! However I have been doing really well! I'm 3 weeks down of the 4 weeks to lose 5 lbs and I've lost 4.6lbs so far. Yay me!

This Sunday I go in for my dress fitting and I can't wait because I have my jewelry too now so I can try the whole thing on. :) She is also going to start the fitting alterations. Thus far it's been the hemming and "Meghanizing" of the dress. I will also have the mock-up of my veil too - I CAN'T WAIT!

As for my "diet" - I hate that word by the way! - I have been doing really well. Making better choices and running A LOT! Granted I have a 1/2 marathon in 13 days so I better be but I know that has helped out quite a bit too.

Last night I ran 11 miles - the longest I have ever run both time and distance in my entire life! I'm a tad banged up though this morning. My left knee is really tight today. Definitely going to need to stretch that out tonight. Also the sports bra I wore too was new and the seeming under the boobs rubbed me raw on both. The weird part is that I didn't even realize it until I went to undress to take a shower and saw blood on my bra, touched the area and realized that hurt a ton. Oh well I will heal fast I am sure. I have decided that when you start getting over 6 miles things start to go a lot more often, it's just the nature of the game so how you deal with them and overcome them is the challenge.

As for this week, it's my last week of hard training running. I keep it up with a 12 miler this weekend. Next week is a nice "taper" just to keep my legs moving to get me ready for the 13.1/ half marathon I have on the 17th. I actually am looking forward to it believe it or not. It's something I never thought I could do and look at me, I ran 11 miles last night! I'm getting ready for that 1/2!!!

No comments: