Monday, June 20, 2011

Ball & Chain or Realistic Challenge?

Writing down exactly what you put into your mouth everyday - Ball & Chain or Realistic Challenge? I tried Weight Watchers and the one thing that eventually got me was having to track everything. I know it wasn't calories, but it was figuring out points and keeping track of them, eessentially the same thing in my book at counting calories. I felt like I was connected to a Ball & Chain and it was controlling me. After talking to a good friend she pointed out that "PORTION CONTROL is ensuring you have accountability for what you’re eating and if you don’t write it down you’re not going to know what your intake is.. it’s not ball and chain its part of the process of ensuring you don’t over indulge – hence your BBQ dinner overeating adventure (just sayin)" Okay she makes a valid point so I am going to try this "Realistic Challenge" and write down everything that I put into my mouth this week. I will record the calorie count and how many servings I ate (if info is available) and just see what a normal week for me is. I do agree with her that it will be a lot higher than I expect.

If anything it should help me figure out portion control whether I chose to stick with it afterwards. Wish me good luck!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Don't forget the things you drink.

Something I came across and want to do:
http://www.inherenthealth.com/our-tests/weight-management.aspx

Honesty is my Diet said...

Jen - OH I know! It's almost amazing how many calories you can drink and not even realize it. I can't drink diet either because I can't process aspartame well. I basically don't drink cokes because of it which is helpful. I do drink a lot of water.

I checked out the link that you left. It sounds interesting, however, I just don't want to spend that kind of money right now on this. That's just the honest truth. :)

Anonymous said...

Check out dailyplate.com! It is a great place to keep up with everything that you put in your mouth. They have calories counts for everything, even restaurants! Love you :)