Friday, June 24, 2011

Didn't Have to Roll Me Out!

You know that feeling you get after you eat something that is bad for you and you know you shouldn't have eaten it? Ya I DIDN'T GET THAT AFTER MEXICAN YESTERDAY!!! Yippie! The best part too is that it was good and satisfying and I didn't leave feeling like I was still craving Mexican. One of the things I hate about "choosing the right healthy option" is that when you finish eating it you crave the unhealthy thing you really wanted to begin with. Not last night, not at all!

We sit down and order margaritas. They are 2 for 1 so I get on the rocks no salt like normal. They aren't very big, seriously it's like 5oz maybe because of all the ice and they aren't very big glasses to begin with. They bring chips and salsa and yes of course I ate them, I already discuss this as a "problem" for me. I will NEVER pass up on chips and salsa, in fact the day that I do, someone take me to the hospital something is wrong with me! However, I was good, we shared 1 bowl got another but it came out with out food and I barely touched it. Yay me! :)

Dinner, I read that menu like I have never read a menu at a Mexican restaurant. I found these grilled chicken enchiladas, but they were corn tortillas and just the grilled chicken inside. On top was a tomatillo green sauce and a white cheese sauce. I asked them to please remove the cheese sauce completely and add red sauce. Oh my the combo was soo delicious! It wasn't drenched either in sauce which was great. I asked for some lettuce and put it on top for some crunch and that was the best idea too. There were 4 enchiladas, I could only make it through 2 1/2 and I was full! It was great because I LOVE enchiladas and red sauce and I got to have them, but a much healthier version then the typical cheese or beef ones that I get with flour tortillas and lots of cheese.

I have never left a Mexican restaurant so satisfied, not feeling like I had to be rolled out, or that I ate a million calories. It was fabulous! I am looking forward to going back to a Mexican restaurant again soon. :)

PS - Thanks to everyone that sent me ideas on what to order. I may have to give them a try in the near future.


No comments: