Saturday, June 25, 2011

Weekend Conquer

The weekends always seem to be harder for me than during the week. I bring my lunch basically everyday to work so I don't have choices knocking on every door like during the weekend; the choices are endless I swear. The choices are where I can get in trouble, letting myself pick between the good and the bad. We have all been taught since we were little what is right and what is wrong, good and bad, things we should and shouldn't do, so why do some of us not translate this over to our food decisions? I know I struggle with it.

Remember my cheeseburger craving not to long ago (you can read about it here if you missed it)? I had a FANTASTIC burger tonight! Cheeseburgers are one of those foods that is just a comfort food and can be done in so many different ways. My boyfriend and I didn't know what we wanted for dinner, so we went to the grocery store to see what was on sale. We knew we wanted to grill out but that was about it. They had 93-7 ground sirloin on sale and cheeseburgers it was. I got reduced fat swiss (swiss cheese is my favorite on burgers), "better for you" buns, and a tomato. We also got some corn and potatoes to make some healthier homemade steak fries (better than buying fries from the freezer section). I really felt good about dinner tonight! I like having that feeling, especially when it is something that I love eating. I am full but not stuffed. I am a big supporter of not cutting out types of foods (like carbs, certain meals, etc), it's about learning how to take what you like and make better and healthier choices so you can continue to enjoy it.

Definitely makes up for the 3 pieces of DiGiorno pizza and cookies I had last night! That's okay because I worked out and made up for it. That's how I am justifying it in my mind and I am sticking to it! hahaha! :)

No comments: