Sunday, July 31, 2011

August Challenge

This past week was a difficult one for me. I really struggled mentally more than anything. I never could really focus, get out of my "blah" mood, or listen to myself. It showed in soo many places - my work was down a bit last week, my eating was all over the place, and working out, well it was chore not something I really wanted to do. I know I wasn't as much fun as I normally am, nor as talkative (some might think that is a good thing - hahaha!)

I still am in a bit of a funk and I am not sure why but I decided to do something about it so I joined a group on MyFitnessPal - the August Challenge Team Challenge. Thank you to a friend of mine for suggesting this!There are 24 teams of 11 people. I don't know anyone else on my team, except that they are fellow team 24 "The Exercists" member with goals like mine - trying to lose weight and become healthier. It is amazing to know I will have 10 other people this month that I can't let down and will be cheering me on!



Here is the requirements for the challenge:
  • What is your starting weight? 173
  • What is your goal weight for August 31st? 165
  • Do you have any other goals for the month? To check-in EVERY day for the month of August and to do better about tracking my daily water consumption too!
  • This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your  team captain for ideas.
  • Week One Daily Exercise Challenge Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
  • - Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*(see below)
    - Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)
    - Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*
    - Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *
    - Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *
    - Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*
    - Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
  • Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
  • Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member. Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intend

I am looking forward to this. I have always loved being on a team so this is a great way to remotivate myself, hopefully a way to get me out of my funk quickly, and a way to get me back to losing weight regularly. It starts tomorrow and I will definitely keep you guys updated on the progress of the Challenge for me and my team and also my goals.

Have a great week and month!

PS - You have to submit a "before" picture so we can compare at the end of the month. So I took 2, one from the front and side. I didn't suck in and wore a shirt that doesn't hide anything really with some short shorts. Basically I didn't want to hide ME. Here they are so you can see too. I know I have a long way to go, but I proud of these pictures for many reasons, #1 I am sharing them and not afraid of the camera any more and #2 I look the best I have in a long time and I love that!

No comments: