Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bike Rides & Dog Walks

Yesterday I was worried about getting my calories in since I was off my normal routine. It turned out to be a great day and a nice calorie burn again. In fact yesterday was FABULOUS and a well needed day off!


Between some biking and walking the dog on the beach I got it all in plus some extra. After I got home from the beach (yes I know hard life - but when you live near the beach why not right?!) I logged onto MyFitnessPal and logged in my brunch and the margarita jug we took down to the beach and what we were going to have for dinner. We also biked down to the beach and back to I logged that too. I was over my calorie count so I told my boyfriend I HAD to go for a walk again after dinner or a bike ride or something. I wasn't going to leave my team hanging. He willingly agreed - he's such a great guy because again I know he wasn't thrilled about it, but because it was something I really wanted to do and something that meant a lot to me, he was all in.

After dinner we hopped onto bikes and rode down to his parents house that we typically would drive to. I would say it was an 8-10 minute bike ride so not too bad. We then got out their dog Mason and walked him down onto the beach 3 blocks down. We walked a while on the beach too, I even raced Mason - ya he definitely won by a long shot but I gave it my all for a while, it was a lot of fun. By the time we got back to his parent's house it had been at least 45-50 minutes of walking the dog. Walking on the beach, wow I felt my calves that's for sure. We then hopped back onto our bike and headed back to my boyfriend's house. All in all an hour and 15-20 minutes we were gone. I was really happy with that.

A friend asked me how'd you hit your calorie count if you didn't get your heart rate up? I got my heart rate up on the bikes and the walk, it wasn't crazy up being on a treadmill, but it was definitely up from normal resting heart rate. No it wasn't a "work-out" go put your tennis shoes on and sweat like crazy, but it definitely was calories off that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise and for that I am taking it. I don't get on a bike and walk down on the beach on a regular routine, heck I barely walk after dinner period. I can't count that as part of my normal everyday calorie burn that you "don't count" because you were going to burn it anyway. Yesterday was a great day and I got my calories and my Team August Challenge abs in too.

Today is 40 "Up& Down" - essentially burpees.... I hate burpees but Bring Them On!!!!!!!

Happy Thursday - the weekend is almost here. Yippie!

No comments: