Friday, August 5, 2011

Planning is your best Weapon!

Okay, first off I have to start off by saying yesterday's challenge of 40 Up/Downs (Burpees as I call them) just about KILLED ME! I haven't done those in God knows how long and they were brutal! I did 4 sets of 10 and by #7/8 each round it was a full on struggle to finish. I am glad we had them as our challenge though. I am going to try to do them once a week to see my progress. See if they get any easier. Crazy I know, but they really are one of the best exercises you can do.

So onto the real thing I want to talk about. I am soo excited because I about 2 weeks ago or so, thanks to facebook, I realized a high school friend of mine lives in the same city I do! I haven't seen her since we graduated (over 8 years ago now) and I am going to see her tonight! We are meeting for dinner at Maggiano's Little Italy for dinner tonight and I KNOW that the meal will be a calorie buster. Since I am participating in the Team August Challenge this month and one of the requirements is you can NOT go over your calories I am going to have to do some planning today because I refuse to let my team down by busting my calorie count. I have never thought about calorie meal planning before until now, but it really makes sense. I know that I am going to eat a meal tonight that is not in my normal range, so I am going to HAVE to plan today to make it happen. I have a great breakfast and lunch planned that is low in calories, but very filling. I am working out during lunch and will also swim after work. All this put together should give me enough calories to be able to do what I want to do and still stay under my goal.


I will get online too later and figure out what I am going to eat so there are no surprises and I know without a doubt that I will be under my goal. Just like I have always said, I am not the type of person to stop eating what I want to, I have just learned that planning ahead, planning what you want to do really is one of my strongest weapons in my journey!

I can' wait for tonight to enjoy Maggiano's and a good old friend!!!

No comments: