Thursday, August 18, 2011

Emotional Rollar Coaster High

Yesterday was a bit of an emotional rollarcoaster  for me but in the end I was really proud and happy with myself in how I handled it all! That is something that I am really learning how to do on this journey, deal with things and how it effects my emotions. Every day can't be great and "peachy-keane". It's definitely great when days are like that, everything goes well just how you like it and great but that's not life at all! Life brings with it the ups and downs and yesterday was an interesting day.

As you know from yesterday's blog - Numbers - I weighed myself and I gained a little bit. That kinda put me down a bit in terms of emotionally during the day. I did make a good choice at Chili's (even though regardless of my choices in terms of my normal lunch it was still high!), even kept my chips and salsa consumption of a minimum which is impressive for me. :) haha! Then at the after work function I only had 1 small glass of wine and about 6 chips with salsa. I instead stopped by Pita Pit afterwards for a much healthier meal. (If you haven't ever been to Pita Pit and there is one where you live definitely go check it out! It's delicious!!! On their website too they have a build your own so you can figure out what to get before you get there and no surprises. Love those options on websites now.)

I was headed to my boyfriends and decided that since I barely had any calories left for the day I would do a quick workout; go for a quick run, do my daily August Team Challenge exercises and some of the abs that I pledged for the week (1500 abs this week - I upped it to 1500 from 1000 to help my team reach our 20,000 ab goal). I changed into my workout clothes, which by the way I got my first running sports/bra Dri-Fit top (not the top I have but similiar) the other weekend, it's a Nike and Oh WOW that thing is great! Built in sports bra, sweat bands in the right places, mess like back to keep you cool, I have never been so comfortable running because I stayed cool. For someone that doesn't sweat very much and just over heats, this top was the best thing ever. I will definitely be looking to buy more of those soon! Anyway, I got out and initially was only going to run to the beach and back, just a quick maybe 20ish minute run. Well I got to the beach and it was gorgeous, the sun was coming down, it was cool and the breeze was perfect, I had never run on the beach before and I decided today was going to be that day. I walked down to the wet packed sand and off I went. The slight give under my feet of the packed wet sand felt wonderful on my legs that were sore, the breeze as it hit my face was calming, an the sun going down making the water shine was relaxing. I couldn't have asked for a better way to end my day. I saw a large American flag down the beach a ways and decided that was my goal. I ran there and back, walked back up the beach and ran back to my boyfriends. My 20 minute run turned into a 45 minute run! I also got these great new shoes last weekend, Asics GT-2160, FABULOUS shoes! I use to get some pain in my shins, not yesterday at all! I am really looking forward to running again with these shoes.

I got back to his house and it was dark. I needed to do my daily August Team Challenge exercises. It was 200 jumping jacks, 20 lunges per leg, and 100 mountain climbers per leg. I decided to make it into a circuit and did 4 rounds of 40 jumping jacks, 5 lunges per leg, and 50 (25 each leg) mountain climbers. I then went inside and did 300 abs. A total of 1 hour and 5 minutes of working out. Talk about exceeding expectations yesterday! The beach though was amazing - it really mellowed me out and I really enjoyed running out there.

I was debating after work on the way to my event if I really was going to work out once I got to my boyfriends. I had never done that before, worked out and left him. However, once I got to my event a good friend of mine told me she saw me walking in and told me I looked amazing! That 1 comment alone was what I needed to convenience me that yes I definitely should go work out. It is worth something and I wanted it. She may not even know that that 1 simple comment made so much of an impact on me, but it really did and I definitely have her to thank for the amazing run on the beach yesterday! Also when I got back to my boyfriend's and finished working out we ate our Pita Pit. He was soo sweet and waited for me. But afterwards he told me that he was really proud of me for everything I was doing and the dedication I was putting forward to getting back into shape. That really meant the world to me! I couldn't stop smiling and it just validated to me that what I did, the workout was definitely the right decision. I was definitely on an emotional high last night!

Yesterday was a big success for me and really helped me to get remotivated and back onto the right path. I thought about weighing myself this morning but I don't need to. I will on Sunday for the challenge results reporting for the week, but until then I am not getting on the scale. I am just going to do what I need to do and I know that it will all work out! :)

No comments: