Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Going the Extra Mile

Day #1 down and onto #2 today. Yesterday I did really well. I got through Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred Level 2 and did my 100 jumping jacks. I did them in 2 sets of 50. My calfs were on FIRE afterwards! Granted they already were from the video I had just finished so the jumping jacks just put the cherry on top as they say. It was a good challenge for day #1.

Today's challenge is an extra mile added to your normal routine. You can walk, jog or run it, just get it in. Tuesdays are a bigger cardio day for me, so adding an extra mile makes me cringe. I tried to get up this morning and go for a brisk walk with my dog. Set my alarm for 6am and everything last night - ya I really don't do mornings. That alarm went off and I hit the snooze. Again at 6:05, snooze, and then at 6:10 in which I picked up my phone and reset it for 6:35 and went back to sleep. I just really Don't Do Mornings! I tried, but ya NO! haha! I am going to try to add it onto the end of the my workout today at 4pm. If not I will walk it after dinner or something. All I know is I WILL get that mile in today if it is the last thing I do.

There is a silver lining to the extra mile though, tomorrow is weigh in day. The extra mile can only help bring that number down hopefully. I am such a dork too, because tonight I am going over to my boyfriend's house straight from work and I brought my scale with me! Yup I really did! He has one but I never like the number on it, plus they say you should be consistent on the scale you use so therefore my scale is in my car parked outside of work right now. HAHA! I am praying it will be a good number. I am taking a personal day tomorrow so that means I will sleep in a bit so look for my post with my new number a tad later than normal. Gotta get the beauty sleep in right!?! hehe!

BTW I drank all 64oz yesterday plus some. On that note - OMG I have never had to pee soo many times while at work! It was almost comical how many times I got up from my desk to go to the bathroom. The good news is that is what you should be doing. Water is also good at helping your body in so many ways and I need to make this a norm. I know I know cubemate you are going to say "See I told you so" and again you are right! :) Love you! hehe!

Have a great Tuesday & make sure you go the extra mile in your life too, whatever that mile is for you!

No comments: