Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Intrigued?

Today is weigh-in day ---- OOPS! I remembered last night but this morning, ya it definitely didn't cross my mind until I pulled into the parking lot at work. Oh well, tomorrow morning I will make up for it. I actually already set an alarm on my phone to remind myself. You know I should just set a weekly alarm to go off every Wednesday morning. Girls do it all the time for their birth control pills, why couldn't I do it to remind myself to weigh in?! Yay good idea Meghan! :) haha! Okay that is done now too.

I am going swimming again tonight. Monday was an interesting day for me as the Master's Program was in the water at the same time. The nice thing about swimming with my boyfriend is he is at the same place as me, well maybe a tad better, but I don't feel bad swimming next to him. Monday I was swimming and this guy next to me who was probably approximately the same age was swimming laps around me in the Master's Program lanes. They were doing 3,800 yards for practice and I thought to myself, "Wow that is soo far"! hahahaha! I miss that feeling of just feeling great in the water. Being able to pull yourself through it was ease and not even thinking about what you are truly doing. My body knows what to do now, it just can't, and I have to physically think about what it should be doing, especially when I am tired.

I am really enjoying swimming again though and will definitely keep it up that is for sure, and I know with some more time these things will start to come back. It's just weird to me since it was second nature for me for the majority of my life. The good news is that I am not discouraged, in fact I am slightly inspired to see what I can do again in the pool. As much as the Master's Program kinda made me feel "bad", it also intrigued me - maybe down the road I will join that one or another one. I actually asked when they practiced and they practice 4 times a week; 2 afternoons, 2 mornings. I did cringe when she said mornings though, I really don't do mornings! :) haha! We'll see... only time will tell! For now my 40ish minutes and around 2,000 yards is doing me just fine!


No comments: