Thursday, August 11, 2011

There isn't a Snooze Button in life!

Happy 50th Blog to me! :) Wow I can't believe that I have done 50 blogs now. I know in the realm of blogging 50 isn't that many, but to think that I have kept it going and not given it up for 50 is a big accomplishment for me. I am not one to start things that not finish, but if I get bored with something it can take a back seat for a while you know?! Anyway, one of my best friend's told me this had to be my best one yet - I'm not sure if it will be that, but I have something good. :)

This morning my alarm went off at 6am so I could go on a walk with Wrigley and knock out another mile for my 5 extra I pledged this week for my August Team Challenge on MyFitnessPal. It went off and I hit the snooze, 6:05 I did the same thing, 6:10 again and at 6:15 I turned over and had a conversation with myself about if I really should do it. It's essentially the same one you have on the days that you don't want to work (haha), trying to bargain with yourself, trying to come up with scenarios that might actually work, and lastly lying to yourself to make yourself feel better. I started to doze off and caught myself at 6:22. I rolled over again and went to reset my alarm to continue sleeping and set it for 6:35 - that's when I stopped for a second and was like is 13 more minute really that big of a deal? I dragged my pathetic butt out of bed, put on shorts, a sports bra, t-shirt and shoes, grabbed Wrigley's leash and out the door I went for my mile. I turned Pandora on and away I went. However, the humidity pretty much slapped me in the face when I walked out the door which I did have a split second thought of "well should I...?" That pasted faster than the thought was long. Wrigley was soo happy to go for a walk and that really does help and motivate me to push forward.

The only thing I didn't have time for was I was going to do my challenge daily exercises after my mile; that was the plan when I went to bed last night. However, because I struggled internally to get my lazy butt out of bed I didn't have time to do them. tonight is 3 sets of 21s and 100 jumping jacks. Looks like I will be doing them after I swim tonight. Oh ya I didn't swim last night after work because someone forgot his swimming stuff! haha! It's okay because I didn't get out of a meeting downtown until 5:40 so it allworked out. He can have a pass for now - hahaha! :) jk Tonight we are going to swim instead and that woks for me since I won't be able to work out during my lunch hour today because I have a long lunch meeting off site.

This morning was a tad ridiculous looking back! I really was bargaining with myself over sleeping for a couple more minutes that in reality wouldn't matter. It's funny how we do that from time to time with so many things in our lives. We try to lie to ourselves to make us feel better about making a decision that we know probably was not the right one just because we didn't want to do it at that time. I don't know why I am soo sarced of mornings, it's not like I am getting up an hour or even 2 before I normally would. My alarm is set for 6:25 every morning during the week; granted I don't actually roll out of bed until 6:45ish. It's bad because I use to hear the alarm and jump out of bed and now it takes LOTS of snoozes to do the job. I am setting my alarm 25 minutes earlier at 6am, knowing I will prob hit snooze once or twice to go for a measly 20 minute walk with my dog for a mile!  I know the mornings I have done it, okay yesterday and today, I have been really glad I did it afterwards. What is the big deal?! There isn't a snooze button in life and I need to learn that, get up and just do it!

I hope everyone has a great Thursday! :)



FYI - Weighed myself this morning and and I didn't lose anything, but I also didn't gain anything so I am chalking it up as a win! :)

No comments: