Monday, August 22, 2011

Retrospect

Good Morning everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I know I did. I got a lot done and really enjoyed myself. I was good too which made me happy :)

Friday I had the opportunity to go to a Pro Football game, it was 2 teams that I didn't really care for and it was nose bleed seats, but it was free tickets to NFL and that's awesome. However, I didn't work out during lunch because I wanted an afternoon off and knew I would swim after work. well the tickets through me for a loop, but in the long run I went swimming! Especially since I knew I was going to get pizza, I HAD to work out. :)

Saturday I went to a party for my good friend that is getting married in 2 weeks. A friend of theirs threw a BBQ/Pool party for them. I was a tad late because I HAD to get a work out in. She is going to laugh at this so please don't get mad at me girl! haha! I knew if I didn't do it before I went, I wouldn't get it in. I did a circuit for 30 minutes in my room of some exercises, nothing bit but it was something and I felt better afterwards which is always a plus!There was all sorts of yummy food there, however, I made good decisions again. I had a hotdog but without the bun. I passed on the coleslaw, too much mayo, brought my own beer, Michelob Ultra so I knew exactly how many calories I was drinking, and yes there was chips and salsa and that almost did me in but I was good. There was this awesome queso dip that I only had 6 chips with a tiny bit of it. All in all a good evening with friends and a good evening with choices. :)

Sunday I was suppose to work out, but I forgot something at work and had to run back. My boyfriend had a soccer game at 2pm and I knew if i skipped it to work out, since it was his last one, I would feel bad. He has been sooo supportive of me with all my new lifestyle changes, missing something he loves doing would be wrong on my part. I did clean the house and do laundry like a mad woman Sunday morning for an hour and a half, like didn't sit down going 100 mph which burned a lot of calories. Some people don't count those, but I do. I don't normally do that, so counting it as part of my daily calorie burn for me doesn't seem logical. I clean little bit here and little bit there all through the week and don't count that. It is when I go to town that I count it; i think that makes sense. haha! Anyway, I then had a great dinner, and even had some room to "step-it up" by putting blue cheese on my grilled steak and had some red wine. YUMMY!

All in all my weekend was good. The hard part was getting on the scale on Sunday and it didn't change again. I just don't get it. I am doing things right, staying within my calorie count, working out, and being positive. I don't know if I am working out too hard, what I mean is working out at cardiovascular levels verse fat burning levels. I am going to try backing off the "crazy" this week and try to get some perspective on what I am doing. In retrospect though I have lost 2 pants sizes! To me that is huge! I am definitely slimming up which is great and also toning. I know I am getting healthier because I am working out again and you can't put a price on that. I just have to find it in me to be okay with this for now. The pounds will continue to fall off in time. I just need to keep on truckin and I will get there. I just wish it would come sooner than later, all this hard work needs a pay off you know. Especially when I see friends on MyFitnessPal (MFP) losing weight all the time. It's all about retrospect and I need to find mine and I will get there!!!





****Check back shortly for the daily August Team Challenge exercises. they aren't posted yet so as soon as they are I will post in case you want to follow with me too!!!

No comments: