Monday, September 26, 2011

De-Stress

Well today is the start of another week and I plan for it to be a good one. I have A LOT to do this week both personal and at work so it definitely has the potential to be stressful but I am ready for it. I know if I plan right I will be able to make it through smoothly. :) Last week I started off the week just terrible but was proud of myself because I turned it around! The key word in that sentence is "I" for me because I very well could have just let it stay miserable and left it at that. I made the conscious decision to NOT let things bother me and turn it around and it worked... yay! :)

Okay so I have to confess something I was TERRIBLE this weekend on my eating and exercise! Here's the breakdown:

Friday dinner - 2 pieces of DiGiorno pizza and beer
Saturday breakfast - slept through but that's normal for the weekend
Saturday "lunch" - 1 piece of DiGiorno pizza
Saturday lunch/dinner - a small piece of thin crust sausage and tomato pizza at chicago pizza, a side salad (forgot to say no cheese and then didn't pick it off), 1/2 an order of the chicken parm sandwich and fries and beer - went to Chicago Pizza with fellow Aggies to watch the game
Sunday brunch/lunch - 1/2 "The Don Patrol" at my favorite restaurant in town - it's a huge tortilla with black beans, chorizo, sunny side up egg, potatoes, and cheese. I also had chips and salsa and a Bloody Maria.
Sunday dinner - 1 piece of leftover chicago style sausage and peppers pizza from chicago Pizza and a beer oh and 1/2 a piece of banana cheesecake from teh Cheesecake Factory (it was blissful!)

The only exercise I got was kickball on Friday night and it wasn't like that was a ton either. However, this morning I stepped on the scale and I am down 1.3lbs - 165.8 lbs now! WTF!?! I don't get it but will take it. Maybe I just finally am destressing and it's paying off because that's the only thing I can think about. I found this article this morning about the body and stress and how different chemicals in our body and how our body reacts, it's a really interesting read if you have a few minutes - http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/can-stress-cause-weight-gain I haven't posted a link in a while and I think this one is definitely appropriate as it seems lately a lot of people besides myself have been stressed out with something in their lives.

This week my goal is to be as stress-free as possible. If something is stressing me out, I am going to stop take a moment look at the situation and figure out what is going to to make it stressful and change. I have to stop with this stressing out and letting things get to me as it is driving me crazy lately. This weekend I made that decision as I had a difficult conversation with my parents on a topic I have been avoiding telling them for some time now. It was really hard but afterwards I felt soo much better as I finally had it off my chest and it went so much better than I thought. It seems like half the stress we have in our lives we build up in our own minds. Things typically aren't as bad as we make them out to be and I definitely learned that this weekend.

Okay well it's time to start this week and I have a smile on my face and a positive attitude - let's just pray it stays there all week!!!

No comments: