Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Enjoy!

Well yesterday I got back on the horse and it felt surprisingly good. I went and worked out during my lunch break - 2 miles on the elliptical and then 50 Toe Touches, 50 Abs, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Globe Jumps, 50 Squat Kicks, and 50 lunges. All in all a 37 minute work out that kicked my butt, literally! Today I can definitely feel the burn, but it's a good burn and a feeling I am getting use to again and liking. I felt soo much better the 2nd half of the day at work. I always do it seems like. I have more energy, which is a tad funny because I just kicked my own ass, but the endorphins just pick me up like no cup of coffee could ever do. I love that feeling now! :)

After work I went straight to the YMCA and got into the pool. I got to wear my new suit so that was a bit exciting. haha! I had planed on a 2,350 yard practice but added in an extra 150 to make it 2,50 yards. I felt a lot better than I expected to considering it had been 2-2.5 weeks since I was in the water last. I thought for sure I would have no feel for the water but it wasn't too bad. By the end of the practice I had it back. I did however feel a bit like a barge verse a speed boat (channeling a bit of swim lessons verbiage there - haha) but I was a fast barge. I mentioned before I am part of a swimming challenge on MFP, which I needed to give a shout out to my good friend (quickly became again after soo many years and blessed to have her back in my life!) who is heading it up and doing a splendid job at it! Anyway, there are 3 challenges this week and I fit 2 into my practice yesterday. One of which was the 4x100s free again holding a fast pace and going fast. I did this right after my warm-up and didn't think I would be able to go to fast. I did them last time on 1:30 and held 1:16s. I thought well maybe this time on 1:25 or 1:22. I did the first one and went 1:12 so I decided to go on 1:20 but thought I would just die by #3 - to my surprise here was my times: 1:12, 1:12, 1:11, 1:13! OMG WHAT?! I did them on 1:20 and couldn't believe it! That's the fastest I have held and been and I was out for 2-2.5 weeks. Whatever I will take it! I finished up the practice and felt good. I might have been able to go a bit further but I decided to stop and just enjoy that it was a good practice and call it a day. Next time I will increase. :)

I got home and had dinner with my sister. I love when we have family dinners and sit down at the table and just talk. It's definitely one of the perks of living with your siblings, it's like recreating what we had when we were little, but in our own style now that we are older and it's our house. I love it! It's moments like that that really make you thankful for the ones you love and make your life a happy one. I know I have been a tad sad lately, but it is definitely moments like this that completely make my day, oh and awesome cards you get in the mail from your best friends that make you laugh out loud in your car as you are reading it - we bitches will live forever! hahahahahahahaha! Love you!

I hope your Tuesday is a good one - I know mine will be. Oh update, I have a meeting at 3pm-5 today so workout will be at lunch instead of 4pm today. A tad bummed but I still get it in so we are all good. :) Oh I found this picture yesterday and just have to share it! Enjoy!

No comments: