Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Friends!

As an ode to a great, amazing friend - Happy Hump Day! :)

Today marks the middle of the week where all things should be downhill after today and into the weekend. This couldn't be a more true statement. I have been dreading this day for almost a week now. Tonight I am having another conversation with a person from my past. This is the situation that I have been mentioned lately that has had me very stressed out and upset lately. Hopefully after this conversation we will be 1 step closer to resolving this matter and I can close this chapter in my life.

This journey I have been on for almost a year now has taught me A LOT of lessons. One that I really have taken away and made a part of my life is celebrating even the smallest positive things in any situation. Even in what seems to be a terrible, upsetting or challenging situation, I guarantee that you can find a small glimpse of positive light. The trick is focusing on that positive and not letting the bad, the negative, or what seems to be a mountain of challenge take over your mind set and attitude.

This situation that I am currently dealing with definitely consumed a lot of my life lately I know that. I have let it, but even with the above said, something that you are passionate about or is so close to you can't not become a large part of your life. The trick is if you let it change your attitude. Last week I did let it affect me more than I should, I wasn't sleeping well, my stomach was in knots, and I let myself get stressed out. However, looking back the next day as I drove to Charlotte I realized how many amazing friends I have. These people have known me for a while and have seen how much I have changed in the past year, year and half, have been soo supportive and then when this situation reared its ugly head they were right there for me. I also have an amazing sister and mother who have done the same and a boyfriend who there are no words to describe how amazing he has been as it is not his "dirty laundry" and he always says "we'll get through this babe"! I am truly lucky to have soo many people that really care about me and want to see me succeed in all aspects of my life. Thank You ALL!

These are the things that I have been focusing on ever since and made the decision that whatever happens tonight happens. I can only control so much and me, and I will stand up for me and my beliefs and that's all I can do. I have slept great the past few night, minus this terrible sinus headache I have had for 3 days now and drugs are only suppressing it, not killing it but oh well! You may be wondering why I am talking about this in my blog about eating right and exercising but this blog is about finding me again, the journey I am on and all the bumps and bruises, joy and highs that come along with that path. Right now this is something that has been affecting me and has definitely thrown me for a spin, but decisions I have made as a result, NOT turning to food as a comfort, NOT eating poorly, NOT not eating, these are the things that are the successes as well. I didn’t work out like I should, but I also didn't stress myself out that I didn't work out. These are all things I am proud of and excited about. These are the things I am focusing on and why I am keep a smile on my face today and going to come out of this evening's conversation with grace and knowing that I was me and that's all I can be.



Have a great Hump Day and I will let you know how things go tomorrow!!!



No comments: