Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy Labor Day - a day late!

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day yesterday! I am sorry I wasn't able to post anything yesterday, I was basically on the road traveling back home all day. I spent the weekend in Charlotte helping my boyfriend move into his new place and shop for everything to fill it. When I say everything I really mean everything! The only thing we came down with was 2 TVs, some other electronics, a vacuum cleaner, golf clubs, his guitar and amp, lots of dvds and cds, and some clothes. Everything else we had to buy!

I didn't get in any "exercise" this past weekend but I definitely had a work out all weekend long helping him move! I am soo sore it's not even funny. He lives on the 3rd floor in an apartment and so we had to carry everything up 3 flights of stairs over and over and over! Saturday morning we went and emptied the truck out to start the day. It was a ton of stuff but it was something like 5 trips for each person and boy was it humid and muggy too so we worked up a good sweat. Then ALL day we went furniture shopping! I must have walked like 5 miles between all the stores we went to. One of which was a Rooms To Go Outlet where we bought a dinning room table and chairs. It came in a box and we had to hull it up to his apartment. WOW I am not a strong as I use to be. Plus the box was just soo large it was awkward. I felt bad because I was not as big of a help as I thought I would be and we had to keep stopping. I got it up though and my biceps can tell you that too now! Ouchy soreness! haha! However the day was a success, all furniture was bought and it was all stuff we really liked and what we wanted! YAY!

Day #2 was shopping for all the "stuff" you have to have, pots/pans, plates, shower curtains, bath towels, etc. Macy's, IKEA, TJMaxx, and Walmart were our destinations. Talk about A LOT of little stuff so we must have made a million trips up and down those flights of steps to get everything we bought up there. Not to mention the work of putting it all away, cleaning of the apartment and unloadig everything. Plus have you ever been to an IKEA before?! OMG it's a never ending walking trip! There is definitely nothing quick about IKEA, but we actually enjoyed the experience. If you have never been and live near one I suggest going, however don't go on a holiday weekend! I have never seen soo many people shopping for housing goods at one time in one place! People were there with UHauls loading them up to the brim I kid you not! By the end I couldn't take it, all the people! I had to get out of there and quickly. It was definitely a success because we got a lot of great things and it made the time spent a positive one. I just know I probably walked a 5K for sure through there! Like I honestly wish I had a pedometer to see how many steps I took. haha!

By the end of each day we were dead! Physically, emotionally, mentally we were drained each day. We never stopped basically for 2 days straight and the day before we started shopping was non-stop packing up the truck, trying to get things ready and then driving the 5.5 hours. Yesterday we just slept in because we had to we were soo tired and woke up around 11:30am, took showers and then headed back to Florida. Of course it was rainy and lots of traffic which didn't make it easy so it was another long hard day. Needless to say I lost weight this past weekend! Not much, down to 170.2 lbs but I will take it. I really didn't watch too much one what I ate as I knew I was burning like crazy and just needed to feed myself. I did little things here and there, but ultimately it was about getting through the weekend.

It's amazing how depending on how you look at things can determine the "outcome" and the way you ultimately feel about something. I could easily say this weekend was a bad weekend and I never got anything in and didn't eat well or I can look at it as I exercised in a new different way, I listened to my body and fed it because it needed it because I was burning calories like crazy. For me it was a positive experience for sure! I didn't stop for 3 days straight basically and it wasn't as hard as I thought because I have been working out! Those stairs going up to the 3rd floor a couple of months would have been the death of me, however, I conquered them and that made me happy! I never complained and just kept going! Yes I could have made better choices eating out, but ultimately my body needed food and I wanted the bacon cheeseburger. I only ate half because that's all I could eat, but hell it was delicious and I enjoyed it. It wasn't like I didn't do anything all day, I worked my ass off and rewarded myself. That's life, enjoying it and I definitely enjoyed myself this weekend, the pain and all!!!

No comments: