Friday, September 16, 2011

Journeys should NEVER be done alone

Today is FRIDAY!!! YIPPIE! I have been waiting for this day for an entire week. Now noon just needs to come fast so I can start burning some rubber north to Charlotte. The icing on the cake is seeing my favorite band tonight, Incubus, live in concert but really I am excited to see my boyfriend.

This week has been a nightmare for me. I haven't been this stressed out in over a year and the worst part is it is going to get worse. this personal issue I am dealing with I was hoping would be mostly over after last night, but I was incorrect and unfortunately it was due to something that was out of my control. Now it has to continue to Wednesday next week and I am sure it won't be over then either. Oh well life can be a bitch that is for sure.

This week I have barely worked out. Monday was the only successful day. I feel bad for my September Challenge team because I am being the weak leg that's for sure. What can you do right? I have been trying to watch and count my calories but I didn't get onto MFP for 3 days straight and yesterday I got on for a second but didn't log anything. Life definitely gets in the way sometimes and the past couple for me have been a bit upside down. I am ready for some normalcy but I don't see that happening in the near future unfortunately.

The key to all of this for me is not letting myself get overwhelmed. I can get stressed out easily and that leads to me getting overwhelmed and then I get more stressed out which in turn makes me more overwhelmed, basically its a terrible snowball effect going on. Focusing on good things going on in my life right now like getting tot see my AMAZING boyfriend this weekend, feeling good about myself for the first time in a really long time and knowing for the first time in my life that I truly have my "shit together" and don't feel like things are falling down around me keeps a smile on my face. That is what I am focusing on lately, not this terrible situation that has come back from my past and creating drama, stress, and frustration. I also have amazing friends and family that help me stay solid through everything - each and every one of you (you know who you are) I love you soo much and Thank You! Journeys should NEVER be done alone and mine has been full of wonderful people and I couldn't be happier right now!!! :)

Have a FABULOUS weekend everyone I know I will!!!

No comments: