Thursday, October 6, 2011

Eating Out

It's Thursday YAY! Only 1 more day and then the weekend where I plan to relax and just enjoy sleeping in and cooking at home. That is something I need to be MUCH MUCH better at. Lately it seems like I have been eating out a lot and I really need to stop it. #1 it isn't good for me and #2 my piggy bank doesn't like it - haha! Especially with November coming up and I will be out of town sooo much and will not have a choice I really need to buckle down this month and get back to eating at home, planning out my meals and getting back on track. That is something I will be doing this weekend, planning out meals for the next week maybe even 2. I know it's a tad dorky but being that organized and putting myself back in control of my eating habits helps me and keeps me choosing the right choices. Plus I really enjoy cooking - it has always been a stress reliever for me and I miss it. Not o mention, planning out meals means that you stick to a plan when you go to the grocery store and you only buy what you need and can figure out how to stretch your dollar, I like that! :)

Well yesterday I didn't get to get in a "work-out" during work, it was crazy busy with a meeting from 11-12:45 and the amount of work I ate at my desk but just worked right on through and then didn't leave until 5:40 so that was a nice 9 hour and 40 minute day yesterday! The worst part is I still have a done to do today. I am hoping to get in even a small work out but I am not holding my breath. Yesterday I did go downtown with 2 friends for Art Walk and walked around for like an hour and half which was nice. I had a really good time! Today I am planning on going to the YMCA and swimming after work, well I hope to at least. I realize now as I am typing this that I left my contacts at home which makes things difficult. We'll see how it goes.

I also logged again my evening this morning and again went over. I need to get that back under control. However, eating out all the time doesn't help. Again this is going to get nipped in the butt fast this weekend. I already have plans for the rest of the week but after this week it is getting back under control. It's just soo easy to go out with your friends and eat out you know. Well I shouldn't say that this will completely stop because I do have a plan for Wednesday next week with an old friend and then the weekend of the 14th I'm out of town so that whole weekend will be eating out and there is no choice there. Oh well I work on minimizing it then as much as possible. haha!

Well October has been a good start regardless and I want it to stay that way. I heard this quote this morning on GMA in their dedication to Steve Jobs section and I thought I would share:

“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love getting mentioned in your blogs! Had fun last night!

Don't forget next Wednesday is Impact Jax at the pier too...

Also, I'm stealing your Steve Jobs quote because I really like it!

Jenny