Thursday, October 27, 2011

How do you treat your body?

The body is an amazing thing - I have bounced back pretty much all the way now after that terrible experience Sunday night/ Monday morning. I woke this morning and felt like me which was great so I got to thinking about all that my body has gone through in the last year that is MY fault! If you think about it, how well do you really treat your body? A friend of mine sent me this link about a week or 2 ago that I found to be really interesting and have been holding onto it until the right time to share it and I think this is the perfect time. Health Maintenance - Treat Your Body Like Your Favorite Car It's actually an interesting read because if you think about it, we take such good care of the things we own, worked hard for and bought, and are proud of. We want them to last and for people to notice them and how great they are, however, the 1 thing that should be the most important thing to us, our bodies we just let go sometimes. We put it second or third in line to everything else.

In the last year how many times have you gotten sick? How many times have you gone to the doctor? Taken vitamins, eaten food that you know you shouldn't be, drank yourself to being sick, taken yourself to get pampered, exercised? There are so many things/decisions we make each day that really effect our bodies and we don't even realize it.

I know I didn't purposely give myself food poisoning, hell I would be a sadist if i did! haha! Basically my point is I know I didn't inflict that much damage and stress on my body on purpose but it did go through that mess. How many times have I put myself through even a fraction on that on purpose? What about the time at 4th of July that I ate a Whopper from Burger King after I haven't eaten fast food in a while and it tore my stomach to pieces (Monday?)? That definitely wasn't the best idea for sure and that was a decision I made! I knew I shouldn't eat that burger but I tried to "sneak" it when no one saw and that decision came back to bitte me in the ass. Or that I haven't felt quite as good as I have been lately because I haven't been working out like I was. When I work out I feel great, I am not as tired, my body feels alive, and I feel healthy, but when I don't work out I feel a bit sluggish and dumpy. I never really noticed this until I started doing my blog because I always worked out all the time my whole life, then never worked out so I didn't really see he difference, and now when it's been going back and forth I see it, I see how much I am, my body is reacting to when I don't work out. It's a motivator but apparently lately I am slacking on it.

So how do you treat your body? Would you be proud to show it off like your most prized possession? Just an interesting thought!

No comments: