Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'm Back kinda...

I'm back - kinda. WOW am I still tired but it was a great weekend! It was great to see soo many great friends and be back in Aggieland. I really enjoyed showing my boyfriend around the city, campus, and explaining and showing him our traditions. It really meant a lot to be able to share a large part of me with him. I also got to spend a lot of time with 2 of my best friends which was amazing! It's interesting how we have all changed and grown up a lot, but the friendships remain the same and that is what I love.

We are at the age where people are getting engaged, married, pregnant, having babies, and buying houses so it was interesting to see where everyone was in their lives. It's exciting to see so many people doing so well and I am excited to see what the next couple of years has in store for our group.

Journey wise it was a decent weekend which I was happy about. I didn't go crazy on drinking, even though I definitely did drink and enjoyed it. I ate great food and food that I missed - Rudy's BBQ, Freebirds, La Bodega - YUMMO! I also walked a bunch more than I expected to so that was a nice surprise. Monday morning I got onto the scale and it said 165.2 lbs, however after running around in the morning and getting a little nap in (I took a 1/2 day) at 11am it said 163.6 lbs. so I gained anywhere from 0.8 lbs to 2.4 lbs over the weekend. The question now is which do I use? Overall I am calling it a successful weekend regardless of the gain because I had sooo much fun and I didn't let my diet get in the way of my weekend. I also didn't completely throw it out the window and I am proud of that.

I need to get back in the water speaking of a swimming alumni weekend. It's been too long and the longer I wait the harder it will be to get back into it. I typically like to go on Tuesday's after I work out, but I have a work function after work today until 8:30, so unfortunately I can't go today. Tomorrow I have a club function until 8pm, however, I might be able to leave early and go but I will have eaten at the event and I typically don't like to eat and then go swim so we will see. Looks like Thursday is the only day I have this week since Friday I have kickball! Maybe on the weekend I can go, get myself up and go swim. :)

Well here's to a good Tuesday - hopefully I don't fall asleep at my desk :)

No comments: