Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December WILL BE MY MONTH!!

WOW it has been quite some time since I wrote a blog. I have actually really missed it and glad that my life is slowing back down a bit where writing these will again become feasible.

My last month or so has been insane! Since November 10th through December 3rd I was only at my house for a total of like 3.5 days! I went to Texas for my best friend's wedding, which I have to say was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The amazing part is she did everything herself! The vision she had came through flawlessly that you would have thought a professional did it. It was quaint and cute and so her and he now husband. I met some great people and saw others I adore and haven't seen in a while. However, you know how weddings go when you come from out of town and are in the wedding, it's a whirlwind of a weekend! I spent more time traveling I think than I did with her but it was soooooo worth it! Next home for a day and half and then off to Seattle for 6 days with travel. That is a gorgeous part of the country! It was a lot of work since I went to set up a tradeshow booth and tear it down. I got to meet a lot of people I have been working with for over a year now, but have never actually met. I took a little bit of time for myself on Friday while I was there and saw the city. Took an underground tour (a must if you go), took myself to lunch on the water, walked around Pike's Place Market, and then watched the sun set from the Space Needle with a glass of wine in my hand, it was the perfect Date with Seattle! Got back home and had 2 days before I drive to VA with my sister to my parent's house for Thanksgiving where 13 people were staying including us. It was crazy but such great fun and joyful to see my family. I flew from VA to New Orleans for 6 days for another tradeshow, the largest one we do each year. That was the most stressful week ever! Everything that could go wrong seemed to go wrong, but I made it work in the long run, however, lost a lot of sleep while doing it. Finally Saturday on my way home I got to have a layover in Charlotte! I had asked for the longest layover possible when making the reservation, which was 3 hours, but when I got there I found a squirrely little USAir rep and got him to put me on the 8:10pm flight for free and that got me 7 hours with my boyfriend! It was a great afternoon and a great way to end this insane travel time!

The problem with all of this is that about 3 weeks prior to this things started to get crazy too and I haven't worked out at least since then, eating habits kinda got thrown out the window, and there was no tracking of food either with MFP. Looking back though I am happy to say that my choices weren't terrible or as bad as they use to be before I started this journey. I only gained 3 lbs during this whole time - well let's put it this way, it was 3 lbs on Monday, during the time it probably fluctuate, but that's what is said at the end and what I am going with! I was pleasantly surprised to see the small increase and that made things definitely easier to wrap my mind around getting back on track!

Yesterday I tracked my entire day for the 1st time in a long long time and I also exercised! I went for a "slog" as I call it - my version of running, a slow job hence "slog". I just recently got the new iPhone and download the Nike + app, fantastic $1.99 spent! I really enjoyed the app and excited to continue to use it. I would really recommend it if you have a phone that can support it. It keeps track of your total time, your time for the last mile you ran, and the avg speed you ran it at, how far you have run, everything! There is a voice that speaks to your too while you are running to keep you updated with all that info. You can also connect it with facebook and it will post that you are currently running and people can cheer for you while you are running or make comments and then it will let you know by making cheering noises or reading the comment to you. I think that is really neat. Plus it posts your progress, which some people may not like but that is a option you can turn off. I like it because is follows my Public Honesty kick that I am on. Unfortunately I can't run during my lunch hour today, I have an errand I have to run instead. Oh well, there is always tomorrow!

Well I set a goal for myself this month - track EVERY DAY! I need to get back on track and that is a goal I know I can achieve. I also have to start running again. I am going to participate in my 1st 15K in March, which is the longest run I have ever done before, and I start a training program Jan. 1st. It starts with 2 miles and I want to start off right. I did 2.15 miles yesterday total. I walked at the beginning to warm up and then the end, and ran without stopping in the middle. I probably did around 1.75-8 miles running which just was a prove to myself moment I can do the 2 miles and get on track this month!

Here's to December as MY month!!!!

No comments: