Thursday, December 8, 2011

Good things on its way!

So HOLY SORENESS! From my run on Tuesday my legs are burning on fire, but it's a good burn so it makes me happy. I knew it would be bad when just a few hours, like 2 or something like that I was already starting to feel it. It makes you be mad at yourself for ever stopping because you wouldn't be feeling this way if you hadn't stopped. Oh well, it is what it is! Today I am going to run again and am excited about it. I bet it won't be as good as last time since I am sore, but I am going for it. It is chilly today so that might help. It was so nice to run outside on Tuesday. It was the first time I have run outside since Spring. It is sooo much better running outside than on that stupid treadmill. I am running towards something and have a physical goal to reach, the wind, the smells of outdoors, it's all wonderful and makes running that much better. Hopefully today I will say the same thing after wards. :)

So switching subjects completely I did something last week that I am going to make a staple in my life from this point forward. It's a great idea and I hope if you read this you will to. Thursday night last week we went to this amazing restaurant in New Orleans, OMG it was fabulous! Well it was too much food in the end and I had plenty left on my plate. Typically if I am at home that baby is boxed up and I enjoy it again for lunch the next day, however, being that it was a business trip and I wasn't at home I didn't ask for a box right away like I normally do. One of my fellow colleagues asked for a box and I looked at him funny and asked him where he intended on keeping it and eating it? He said he wasn't, he was going to give it to a homeless person to enjoy. I instantly thought that was a fabulous idea and asked to have mine boxed up as well. On the way back to the hotel I gave it to someone and he started eating it immediately. I wasn't going to eat it and it was just going to go in the trash so why not let someone else that is less fortunately enjoy a meal?! From now on when I am not at home or a place where I can save the meal for another use, I am still going to box it and give it to someone else to enjoy!

It also makes me think that I really should start doing that trick that when you order your food, ask for a box with it and immediately box half of it so it is off your plate and you can't eat it! Most restaurants serve you double at least of the serving sizes recommended. Plus not only do you eat less, but you are getting 2 meals for the price of 1! hahaha! :)

PS - Today is my "Friday" as my sister graduates from college tomorrow and I will be attending that, therefore I won't have time to post. Have a great weekend!

No comments: